Chapter 2

Fast forward to two days before school starts. I went with Paige school shopping and basically picked out her entire wardrobe for the first several weeks. She's at my house and we're going over what she's going to wear for the first week.

   “What am I going to do with my hair? It's so long and thick it's really weird." She complains, stroking her long locks.

   “That's alright sweetie. That's what donut buns and curling wands are for." I say.

   I'm going through her closet and shoes looking for the right outfit for the first day of school.

   “Hey, do you know any cute boys that are going to our school?" Paige asks. “What about that boy Chole?" She asks, biting her lip.

   “Chole Butler? That's my best friend and I'm not letting you get to him. He's a player." I tell her, making her slightly disappointed.

   “We'll find you a cute boy." I tell her, picking out her clothes.

   “Have you experienced any bullies?" Paige asks quietly. I don't want to say anything about it because speaking about bullying just reminds everyone of Sam...

   “No, not really." I say truthfully.

“Well, you know that they say that if you've never been bullied ... that you've been the bully-"

   “That's not true! I would never bully anybody under any circumstances. Whoever told you that, Paige isn't likely to use their brain a lot." I say sort of harshly. I didn't mean for it to come out that way, it just kind of offended me that she would think like that.

   “Sorry," She says, pushing her glasses up her nose.

   “Sorry for yelling. I just don't like hearing that stuff." I say. My phone rings by Paige but I'm over at the closet.

“Who is that?" I ask.

   “Chole!” Her face lightens up.

    “Fine, fine. You can answer it" I say.

   “Hi, Chole." Paige smiles over the phone.

   “Is this Paige?" Chole asks, sounding surprised.

   “Yeah, it is." Paige says, her grin growing wider by the second.

   “Wow, you sound just the same. Hot." Chole says flirtaciously.

   Oh my God ...