Chapter 6

Taurtis P.O.V

I awoke with my arms around Sam, and I froze. Last night came crashing back to me, and I studied the situation. Our legs were tangled together, and my arms were wrapped around him. He looks so peaceful in his sleep... Wait what? No, no, no. We're just friends. I thought back to yesterday when he had pinned me down... and I looked down at Sam's sleeping face. Asleep, he was so much more relaxed. He stirred and rubbed his eyes. That's when I noticed the streaks of red. I caught his arm, trying to be gentle, but of course he still woke up with a start.

"T-Taurtis?" Sam whimpered. I didn't answer, instead I studied his arms. They were completely covered in scars and cuts. "Taurtis?" His voice broke. I pulled him closer, dropping his arms.

"Don't do that anymore okay?" I muttered into his hair and kissed his head. He sobbed and I held him as he cried. "Why do you do it?" my voice came out muffled. Instead of answering Sam just sobbed harder and pulled me closer. I don't know how long we stayed like that, but I just kept rubbing his back as he cried. "Do you want breakfast?" I asked pulling back. Sam looked awful. His eye's were pink and he had tear streaks staining his cheeks. He slowly nodded and shook slightly. As I got up to go Sam quickly grabbed my hand.

"Promise you won't tell anyone," Sam begged. His voice sounded awful, and I found myself nodding. He just as quickly dropped my hand and started at the floor. I left the room and wandered down to the kitchen. Why did he think I would tell anyone? I shook my head as I got cereal, milk, two bowls, and spoons. I laid them out on the table and called Sam down. He slowly came down the stairs and glanced at the table. He stood there for a few moments, before bursting out laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked confused.

"I just didn't know you were such a great chief," Sam smirked.

"Better than dirt," I huffed, making Sam giggle.

"We'll see about that," He teased. I felt my face heat up a little and I looked away, sitting down at the table. Sam sat across from me, since it was a small table, and grabbed a bowl and spoon.

"Why do you pour the milk first?" Sam asked curiously as he observed me finish pour cereal onto my milk.

"A chief never tells," I informed him, throwing my head back dramatically.

"Idiot," he muttered, smirking and shaking his head. I watched as his hand paused on the cereal box, before he picked up the milk. He copied my actions, pouring the milk first, then adding the cereal. He seemed hesitant, putting his spoon in the cereal, before grabbing a large spoonful and shoving it in his mouth. He paused chewing and cocked his head to the side, before smiling. "That's pretty good," he managed to say before shoveling another spoonful into his mouth, and I burst out laughing.

"Told you I was a good chief," I said triumphantly.

"Ya, ya," Sam muttered, rolling his eyes.

"So are you going to J's party?" I asked with a mouth full of cereal. Sam shrugged and continued to shove his face full of cereal. "Can I see your phone?" I asked abruptly and Sam stopped eating.

"Why?" He inquired and shifted uneasily.

"I just wanted to add my number," I said, trying to calm his nerves. Did he have something he didn't want me to see on his phone?

"O-Okay Taurtis," Sam slowly agreed. He slid his phone over, already unlocked, and I immediately opened his contacts and added my number.

"There," I smiled as I finished and slid his phone back. Suddenly my phone went off and I answered.