Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I reached the bottom of the stairs and opened the front door. As it swung open I saw Emma with her earphones in, eyes closed, miming the words to whatever song she was listening to.

"Uhhhh. Emma?" I said, a bit amused. Her eyes shot open and she grinned sheepishly at me. "You took long enough," she huffed, pushing past me. "Hey Bree Bree," I heard her say to my sister as she thumped up the stairs. I smiled, followed her, and walked up to my room. Emma was flopped on my bed, texting. "Check your phone," she said to me. "Ethan said he sent you a text about a party happening at Josh's house."

I grabbed my phone off the bed, and sure enough, there was a missed text from Ethan.

Ethan: Yo Cal party 2night at Josh's. You up for it?

I texted back -

Me: Yeah sures :)

"Wait," I said to Emma. "You staying over tonight?"

"Yep, and I think the party will be fun. Kait and Bella are going too."

"Okay, cool. I already told Ethan I was going." I said. I didn't really mind if I went or not. I mean, I'm no party pooper, but I'm not a hardcore partier either.

Me and Emma spent the rest of the afternoon making red velvet cupcakes and talking. As we were making the icing, I realized it was nearly 7pm. "Hey Emma we need to go and get ready," I said. We went up stairs and both had showers. Then I changed into a strapless royal blue jumpsuit, and put on some black wedges. For makeup, I just put on some tinted moisturizer, mascara and tinted gloss. I'm not much of a make-up person.

Emma wore dark high waisted skinny jeans, and a coral coloured cropped singlet, with strappy high heels. She curled her hair into beachy waves, and after I straightened mine, we were ready to go. We went downstairs and I put Bree to bed. Then my mum came home. "Hey sweetie," she said to me. "Oh hi Emma."

"Hi Lilly," Emma said. My mum wants every friend of mine who comes into our house to call her by her first name. I know. She thinks she's such a 'cool mum.' But I still love her to bits, anyways. Mum looked me and Emma up and down. "And where are you two girls going?"

"Just to a party, Mum. It's at Ethan's best friend's house," I said. "You can go, as long as Ethan's going to be there," Mum said, sighing. She kind of thinks of Ethan as my body guard/protecter. In her mind, if he's there, then I'll be fine. "Thanks Mum. Bye Mum," I said, giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Be back no later than 11:30!" She called out as Emma and I walked out the front door. I smiled. She was so protective of me.

When I pulled up at Josh's house, it was 9pm and the party was already in full swing. I could hear Timber blaring as we hopped out of the car. "Let's go." Emma said. We headed inside and it was chaos. There were people dancing, groups of friends talking, and plastic cups littered the floor. Emma and I found Bella and Kait right away, they were in the kitchen refilling their cups. "Hey girls!" Bella squealed. "Now it's time to get this party started!" she said, jumping around and giggling. Kait came up to me. "This one here," she said, pointing to Bella. "Is a little tipsy. Keep an eye on her." I nodded.

Just then I heard a throat clear behind me. "Uh hey Callie," a guy's voice said. I swung around. Ben, a guy from my History class, stood in front of me. We sit together in class, and have done a few partner projects together. We are friends, and I have to admit, I kinda have a little crush on him. Just a little one. He has light brown, slightly curly hair, and the most beautiful chocolate brown eyes I've ever seen. He had on a tight-fitting blue tee, and black jeans. The tee hugged his abs and muscles in a way that kind of made me swoon. Wait. Forget that. I never swoon.