The Truth (Part 2)

Mika Reyes @mikareyesss
"It's gonna get harder before it gets easier. But it will get better, you just gotta make it through the hard stuff first."

She called Mika immediately.

"I miss you, Babe," she said longingly the moment she picked up the phone.

Mika sighed audibly.

"I miss you so much, Babe. I love you," Mika said in a tone that made her miss Mika even more.

"I love you very much, Babe, it's just a few days," she said, unsure if she was consoling Mika or herself.

Mika was currently in Legazpi in preparation for their semi-finals game against Petron.

The truth was even before Mika flew there, they already had a long discussion of their situation. It's not like they were always together but Mika's schedule was clashing with hers and as it is, they might not even see each other for a few days. That bothered the both of them. By the time Mika returns to Manila, she was bound to palawan with some of her friends. Yes, including Den which made Mika jealous. Thank God, she managed to convince Den to bring LA or the whole situation would be more stressful to her and Mika.

"Do you think it will ever be easier for us?" Mika asked sadly.

It was her turn to sigh. That question weighed down on her heart too.

She really didn't have an answer to that.

It was a mutual decision to hide their relationship even from their closest friends and they both understood how delicate the situation was. But they still couldn't help but wonder when they would actually be able to tell the world about them.

"One day, Babe, one day," she said determinedly. "What are you doing now?" she asked trying to steer away from the depressing theme of their conversation.

"Wala, nakahiga lang. Ikaw ba?" Mika asked back.

"Nakahiga lang rin. Sino roommate mo, Babe? Ilan kayo sa room?" she suddenly asked, hoping against all odds that Mika wasn't partnered with Ara.

"Babe, ano, eh, dalawa lang kami," Mika said in a low voice.

She stopped breathing. "Nino?"

"Babe, just calm down, okay?"

"Sino?" she hissed angrily.

"Si Ara."

"What?!" she screamed, sitting up from her previous position.

"Babe-"

"Makipagpalit ka. Ayoko!"

"Babe-"

"I don't care kung may girlfriend siya at masaya sila! Ayoko pa rin! Baka mamaya ma-in love pa ulit sayo 'yan! Uggh!" she ranted.

Mika laughed.

"Joke lang kasi, Babe. You know I love teasing you but you still fall for it," Mika snickered. "Apat kami sa room, okay?"

She frowned and clenched her teeth. Ugh. Why was her girlfriend such a bully?!

"Babe, naman, eh," she whined instead.

"I love you. I really do," she sensed the smile in Mika's voice. "I'm sorry. But I'm clearing this out now, you can't play the same joke on me. Lalo na kapag nag-Palawan kayo. Sisipain kita."

She smirked. "We'll see."

"Wag ako, Babe. Sa couch ka talaga matutulog," Mika warned.

She swallowed. Her girlfriend was still a hell lot scarier but she still took her chance and teased her back.