Normal

Mia

I have always thought that I was just normal, nothing extrodinary, just normal. I thought I always would be normal, but after the big adoption, nothing was normal. Let me start from the beginning. I have been hanging out with Felicity my whole life. We're practically sisters! So I will start at lunch, that Friday when we discovered something shocking.

"Hey Mia," Felicity said as she walked up to our tree outside on the field at lunch. She was holding her smartphone in hand. Her dad is a rich chocolate maker, so he gives us all this cool new tech stuff. " Mia, look at this brand new app I found! It shows you all your ancestors. Wanna try it?"

"Sure," I said blankly, noticing that she was going to make me try it either way. She presses on the screen and types in my name: Mia Silver. I watch as she presses on her phone again. The app brings up a circle spinning around as if to notify that it was loading. Then, my name pops up again, with many lines coming up. Felicity hands me her phone. I scroll up on the screen and see my parents, my grandparents, my aunt and uncles, and my cousins. Wait, my COUSINS!!??? I show Felicity. "Well, I don't know. That is weird. I had a cousin I did not know about either. There must be a good reason for it, I guess." She says.