Fresh Princess of Kingstonside

Moving sucks.

Wanna know what sucks more than moving?

Moving across the country to never never land with out a say so just because your mom scored a job.

"Mom. Can we just rethink this please " I tried to reason with my dear mother .

"What's so wrong with Kingstonside ? You like it when you visit your dad over breaks ."

"Yes mom. Key word. Visit! My whole life is here in Chicago. This is all I know" I tried to to explain to her.

"Yes well. It's time to unknow it . We are moving to Kingstonside, "

             Komal
Cheyenne...Cheyenne !

I snapped out of my thoughts.  It couldn't change what was now my new reality. As of yesterday morning I was officially a resident in Kingstonside.

Yay.

My twin brother Komal had been put on Cheyenne duty since I did nothing but pout and complain  since my arrival.

My mom and dad divorced when me and Komal a little after me and Komal were  in 7th grade. My mom found out my dad had a daughter ,  Morgan , the same age as me and they split up. My dad and Morgan's mother ended up back together and got married.

My parents then came up with some sort of Parent Trap agreement and ever since,  he and Komal have been living here, with Morgan and her mom while me and my mom stayed in Chicago.

I would visit with my dad every winter break spring break and summer break. And continue to live my normal life in Chicago. 

It was a great arrangement. Wonderful actually. And now they were reversing the arrangement and trying to put the family back together.

So now I have to live with my mother , my dad , his other daughter , his other ex wife(my mom), his new wife   and my twin brother in la la land.

Do y'all see my frustration?

It's a giant episode of Sister wives,  family values ,love and no hiphop  and nobody is mad about it but me.

My brother pulled the car over .

                     Cheyenne
Why are you stopping ? What happened ?

               Komal
I'm trying to see if you're okay. You keep spacing out.

                  Cheyennes
My bad. Look I hate it here.

                        Komal
Come on.

He gets out the car and nudges for me to follow him to the court.

"This is where everybody from school be hanging out.  They got a pool , tennis court, soccer court. Pretty much whatever outdoor sport you play they gotta court for it.

"Right now everybodys at the tournament watching the big Side vs  Ville game.  "  Komal explained to me.

Normally when I visit on breaks , we never really see much of the city. We are always staying in resorts or family vacation houses .