Chapter 1: Bully's

IN this world there are two theory's of how the world works.

Some think that there is a map of time, that every little thing that happens in our lives is planned. The good and bad are fates plan and sometimes fates plan is sickening while other times it's beautiful.

Than there are the people who believe that the world is simply chaos and nothing is planned, that everything that happens to us is purely based off of a coincidence.

I used to think that I knew everything, that I knew how this world worked and I knew how to play my cards to get by but life has a funny way of striking you down when you think you have the world figured out. Isn't it strange how one moment can change your world completely?

~

It's the end of third period and as everyone else chatters excitedly about some end of the semester party I rummage through my raggedy book bag and finally find my collection of pennys, nickels, and dimes that I have collected through out the month for lunch money. I put it on my desk and count the amount in my head and realize I have five dollars in change.

Finally I will be able to have a full meal!

The bell rings to go to lunch and I wait until everyone is out the door before I head my way, trying to avoid getting walked on. I walk outside the door and onto the main hallway to blend in with the sea of people but apparently I don't blend in enough because Bobby spots me and the next thing I know I'm falling face first to the floor, I quickly put my arms out in front of me to prevent yet another broken nose from the floor. As I do this my money falls to the floor and scatters.

I hear Bobby laugh amused as he kicks my book bag across the hall but I'm to busy hurriedly picking up my money to care about that rag.

" Clumsy Mary has dropped her things again, along with her dignity. "

He snickers with his football mates. I ignore him yet again but then he bends down and picks up half of my money.

" What are you doing? "

I ask worriedly as he snickers.

" Collecting my money for the drink machine, duh. Keep up Virgin Mary. "

I stand up with my bag and try to get my money from him but he holds his hand over his 6ft frame making my 5ft self unable to obtain it.

" Give it back Bobby! I need that money! "

I say, jumping up and trying to get it as his friends laugh at my distress.

" You will live. "

He snickers. Maybe I will but my stomach might not.

" Please! I'll do whatever you want! Just give it back! "

I tell frantically, causing some curious glances by passing by students. The bad thing about my school is that it's basically a castle, meaning the principle never witnesses Bobby's hostility towards me. In fact in his eyes Bobby is the perfect guy, the grade A student and the star quarterback. One time I tried telling the principle of Bobby's actions but the principle just brushed it off.

" What ever I want? Hm that sounds interesting. What do you think boys? Should we give Virgin Mary a chance? "

He ask smirking but not taking his evil eyes off my distressed ones. The two guys nod eagerly waiting for Bobby to tell me what he wants, knowing him he will make me swallow a whole bee hive or something.

" I will give you your money back if....you be my date for the party tonight and you have to let Bea dress you. "

He smirks wickedly causing not only me to look shocked but his two minions as well. Bobby has always tormented me, why would he want me as a date? Maybe the punishment part is being around Bea who is ironically the queen bee. She's Bobby's " ex " although they never really hung out in public they were only friends with benefits but everyone always said they were perfect for each other and I have to admit they are.

Their both equally evil, manipulating, and deceiving.

" Why would you want me as a date? "

I ask him, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

" No questions, yes or no? "

He ask, this time with a stern voice and a cold look. I quickly nod without a second thought, unable to think clearly due to my growling stomach.

" Great, Bea will give you a ride to her house after school. You know where she parks, you walk home past it everyday. "

" But I can't go immediately after I- "

" Oh so you don't want your money? "

I sigh and close my eyes trying to calm down.

" Fine, just give me my money. "

" Uh uh uh, what's the magic word? "

He says I'm a child voice.

" Please. "

I say with a scold. He smiles and then drops the money back on the floor, winking at me and walking off.