Chapter 1

The wind was as cold as the Arctic Ocean, waiting for someone to drown in the waves.  I was a lone scarecrow, on the side of a dirt road, waiting for the transportation to another day of misery. I thought of going back home, but then realized I would be in deep shit if I didn't go to school. I dreaded getting on the bus, every sit was taken expect for one. I sat there alone, waiting for my friend, Lenore's stop. We stopped and Lenore got on, but not the Lenore I grew up with, not the curly blonde haired nerd, Lenore. But, the straight blue haired Lenore. She sat with my known enemy, Lexi Cunning. Lexi had bullied me about my glasses, hair, clothes, my past, anything she could think about, and by now I'm used to losing my friends to the "Popularity Monster". Just, another lonely bus ride. Stepping off the bus, meant they would have free game to do or say whatever, to me or some other poor soul, like me. After, my daily cycle of stopping at my locker, saying good morning to a teacher, and going to first period. English was always one of my many A class's. I understood the reading, wrote my essays, and did my word definitions. But, today my cycle was broken. Instead, of starting my work, I dazed off, not even thinking, until she happened. She blew in like a storm coming from the east, and I was blown away. She had caramel skin, icy blue eyes, a million freckles, short blonde hair, and a voice that sounded like one of the most beautiful angels, that had ever been produced. Our eyes locked, when she entered the room. I knew she was going to change my life, but not in a way I thought of.