1

She never told anyone. She wouldn't know where to start if she told anyone. How would she begin? Chronological order? Backtracking from perfection to devastation?

She never told anyone. But if she had, who would she tell? She couldn't trust anyone. The people who told her they'd always be there for her, left. Her best friend left after saying she was "unstable" and "overreacting to the situation at hand". 

She never told anyone. From the first hit to the last.

She never told anyone. Everyone at school took his side, not hers. She was the victim, he was the abuser.She couldn't comprehend why they would migrate from her to him within an instant. He spread lies, rumours, twisted truths to paint himself in an appealing light and herself in the darkness. The lie spread further and people went from whispering around her to speaking loudly, proclaiming the "truth" as if it were their  salvation by Christ Himself. The lies went "she was overbearing, over-attached. He was handsome, they just didn't match." But she knew the truth. She knew how much the punches hurt, how much the words stung, how often the razor bit deeper into her skin. She still stayed. And he still kept her.

She never told anyone. The beautiful days passed as she despaired. Her personality crumbled, he feelings and emotions numbed. The cold pierced her heart and spread everywhere. The first time he knocked her down, she didn't dare get up in fear of what he would do. Eventually she got used to the pain, used to the tormenting, used to the degrading. And soon, it became her. She hurt, she tormented, she degraded. Every hit she took hardened her, every hit she gave stole a piece of her humanity. And soon enough, there was no love or kindness left in her eyes.

She never told anyone. Not until that one person came along, that one whom she wanted to share everything about herself with. Deep inside she knew she couldn't, any personal contact with him would have torn him and herself apart. And everyone knows how the saying goes- "it's just some things are too good to be true".