Chapter 6- Nightmares

"Hey Sonic, how are you feeling?"
                   "Feeling okay just light headed but that it."
                   "Sonic, I'm just going to stick this needle in your arm to see what they inject in you at the battle."
    Sonic back up till he hit the wall. Mal and Cosmo looked at each other with a weird look. Mal walked over to him and whisper into his ear.
                 "Sonic, what's wrong?"
                 "I don't know. My body just took control. I wasn't controling it. Cosmo, put the needle in so we know what they inject into me."
   Cosmo nodded and put the needle in him. While Cosmo was putting the needle in Mal got a call on her SnowPhone. Mal looked at it and saw that it was her dad calling. Mal pointed to her room then went to her room and Cosmo nodded. Mal closed the door to her room then answer her phone.
                "Hey dad, how's the meeting going?"
                "Good but Mal I need you to bring your friends to the Freedom Fighter headquarters. We have to tell you guys something that is important."
               "Sure, what time would you like us to be there?"
               "How about tomorrow at 12? Will that work for you and your friends?"
               "Yep, it will work for us. See you tomorrow then."
     After Shadow hang up Mal head back to the room to see Cosmo taking the needle out of Sonic who was looking at her. Mal walked back to Sonic who was waiting for her. Sonic put his arm around her. Cosmo open her bag to put the needle in then looked up at them.
                "Okay, I'll run test when I get back to my dad's lab. Mal what did your dad want?"
                "He want me, you, Sonic, Gold, Breeze and Storm to meet them at their headquarters tomorrow at 12. My dad didn't say why expect that it was important that all he said."
                "Okay, I'll call you when I'm with the test. I'll also tell the boy's on my way back."
                "Thanks Cosmo. See you tomorrow"
     Cosmo wave before heading out the door. Mal followed her then shut the door. She looked at Sonic then walked over to him. Sonic looked at her with the eyes of worry. Mal knew that he was worry about her.
                "I'm okay."
                "Your not okay, Mal. What wrong?"
  Mal looked at him before looking at the ground. Sonic walked over to her and pull her to him.
                "It just that I've never been alone for the night. Shadow always takes me with him so this is the first time I'm alone. I'm scared about it. I don't what to exepet."
   Sonic smiled and lifted her head up till he could see her violet purple eyes. Mal looked at his emerald green eyes before trying to look at the ground. Sonic lean into her ear and whisper to her.
                "Mal, how about I stay here with you so your not alone because I've home alone before and it can be scary. So how about it?"
    Mal looked at him and saw that he was dead serious about this.
               "You would really do that for me?"
               "You better believe it. That what's a boyfriend is suppose to do for his girlfriend."
        Mal looked at him before hugging him. Sonic smiled then hug her back.
               "Thanks Sonic but could  we not tell my dad about this."
               "Sure but what about my leg? My parents don't know that I broke my leg."
               "Um... I think I have something that might help you, just give me 10 seconds."
               "Okay"
   Mal ran to her room and grab the brace that Cosmo made for her when she broke her own leg. She grab it then ran back put to the living room to see Sonic who was playing on her Xbox 360. Mal rolled her eyes then walk over and step in front of the TV. Sonic looked at her then smiled at her.
                "Sonic, this is a boot. It will let you walk but you can't run with it. I think my dad has a chaos emerald in his room. I think it will heal you leg. I'll be right back." said Mal as she ran to Shadow's room
      Mal open his drawers to look for the chaos emerald. She found it then headed back to Sonic. Sonic looked over to see that Mal had a chaos emerald in her hands. Mal walked over to him then held the chaos emerald to his leg. Mal closed her eyes and foces her thoughs into the power. Sonic felt the emerald power heal his leg. He lifted it up and felt no pain when he did it. Mal open her eyes to see Sonic moving his leg before feeling blackness coving her vison. Sonic looked at Mal and saw that she was passing out. Mal couldn't see anything but black but she felt Sonic's arms around her body. Sonic caught Mal before she hit the ground. He pick her up and carry her to room. He pushed the door open and place Mal in her bed. Sonic looked around her room and saw all these pictures of her and Shadow together. Sonic knew that Shadow was a good dad for her. He was there for her when she needs it the most. "How can I be like him to Mal. I don't feel like I can be like him but I'm going to try" though Sonic. Sonic looked at Mal and was surprise how beautiful she was sleeping. Her tail was hanging put of the bed and her hair was messy. Sonic smiled before pulling the covers over her. He walked out and shut her door. In Mal heads she was having a nightmare. Mal saw Sonic and Shadow battling side by side. They were battling a person but Mal saw a person sneaking up behind them. Before Mal could warn them the person pulled out a gun and shot both of them. Sonic heard Mal screaming in her room and ran to her room. Mal tried to open her eyes but she couldn't get out of the nightmare. Sonic open the door to see that Mal was sweating crazy. He knew that she was having a nightmare so he ran over to her and tried to wake her up. Mal turned around to see if anyone was following. She saw a green hedgehog following her. Mal tried to get away but someone push her down and standing above her. Sonic shook her harder and talking to her. Mal open her eyes and sat up quickly. She looked around to see Sonic looking at her. Mal hug him then started to cry on him. Sonic pulled her to him then lifted her head till her eyes were looking at him.
                    "Mal, are you okay"
                    "No I'm not okay. I just had a dream that you and my dad got shot and couldn't get away to get. Cosmo, Gold, Quill and Storm weren't able to help because they were fighting robots. Sonic, it was just scary."
                     "Mal, its okay. I'm here now and won't leave till I know you are okay."
                     "Sonic, do you think you can stay in here with me since my dad isn't here?"
                     "Mal, I already answer that question already. My answer was yes. Now try to go back to bed, I'll be right here and I won't leave you." He said as he kissed to top of her head
     Mal looked at him in the eyes and felt the nightmare go away. Then something came into her head.
                      "Sonic, I bet I can make you purr."
                      "Like to see you try. Hedgehogs don't purr."
                      "Oh really that what's my dad said and I made him purr." Mal said as she put her behind his ear
      Sonic waited for Mal to him so call purr. Mal scratch behind his ear and heard a purr start to come out. Sonic felt a purr come out of him. He put his hand over his mouth but he still purr. Mal smiled before stopping. Sonic grab Mal around the waist then pulled her in to kiss her. Mal looked at him before feeling his lips on hers. Sonic slip his tongue through her lips till he found hers and Mal play with it. They both pulled back at looked at each other. Mal search behind his ear and Sonic purred.
                      "Mal, stop it. Stop..... making me.....purr." Sonic tried to say between the purrs
                      "Now do you believe me that I can make you purr?"
                      "Yes, now let's go to bed. We have a big day tomorrow."
                      "Okay, you better remember that I can make you purr anytime."
                       "Yes Mal, I remember now. Now get some sleep."
                       "Night"
        Mal closed her eyes and fell to sleep to Sonic's breathing. Sonic pulled Mal to him then closed his eyes and fell asleep.