Chapter 10

This is probably one of the stupidest things I've ever done to say the least. I sat perched on a distant picnic table mindlessly. I often try to avoid spending time alone with my thoughts, because truthfully, it scares me to think if what I'd find. 

I watched as Sebastian was crowded by guy and girls alike. All intent on knowing about his concussion, seemingly concerned of his well being. The girls entranced by his intensified beauty. Sebastian reached model standards even before his transformation, now he had looks that could kill... literally. 

I suppose it's one if our predatory advantages... our beauty. People were naturally repelled by our presence, their instincts told them to stay away, and for good reason. We needed something to counteract our frightening air, and our stunning looks did just that. 

I was just secretly hoping that Sebastian didn't thirst anytime soon. He knew what he was. I couldn't help but wonder... did Sebastian have one out there? Did I have another out there? I didn't want to, and for some reason I really didn't want him to. To have a person who was so unbelievably appealing in scent that thein death seemed almost inevitable.  

Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder... Nate. 

"What are you staring at?" He asked curiously. Had I been staring? His eyes followed my former gaze. "Sebastian? Of course..." 

"What?" I asked in response to his slightly sarcastic disappointed tone.  

"It's just my luck. The gorgeous vampire girl is using me as her blood bag while she keeps a keen interest on the super popular football hero." Wait... was he jealous?  

"Nate... it's Sebastian... and me." I pointed out not knowing what else to say. I didn't know who was aware of our history or not. 

"He just had a concussion you know... I bet he'd date you. Not that anyone would need a concussion to date you. You're flawless... he's flawless... perfect match." he muttered, i just smiled. 

"You really don't know?" I asked. 

"Know what?" he asked. I sighed. I figure I could trust him. He's Nate afterall. I suck his blood and the kid hasn't squeaked a word. 

"Of course he's flawless... he never had a concussion." I said. 

"What...?" 

"He died. In fact... he's still dead." I said dropping the heavy hint. It took him a second until realization lit up his face. 

"No way! Pretty boy is a vampire? I knew that hit had to be fatal..." he said in shock. "Wait... so are you guys like-?" 

"No... he's my best friends brother. He doesn't even know I was the one who turned him, and it's going to stay that way." I said. 

" YOU turned him?" he muttered, looking deeply offended and jealous all the same. 

"Did you get the note I left you in your book?" I ask to change the subject. 

"Yeah... and I mean it can be a regular thing if you want it to be?" He smiled nervously. 

"That would be helpful." I said. Suddenly I felt my thirst. I whisked Nate off to the janitor's closet. 

This might even have sounded like a racy teen love story if Nate wasn't a pasty gangly bookworm and I wasn't a vampire.