I Have You

Inspired by Johzanne

Levi Ackerman sipped on his coffee while mindlessly staring out the kitchen window. Then he heard it. Tap! Tap! Tap! Soon after, symphony of taps drummed against the windows. 'It's raining. Might as well take advantage.' Levi thought.

As he walked into the other room, Eren Jäeger jumped off the last step of the staircase. Eren turned to Levi instead heading into the kitchen like he planned to do. "Hey, it's raining. Shouldn't you be at the bookstore by now?"

He asked with a playful smile. Levi only rolled his eyes. "My love for books only demonstrates how intelligent I am. Unlike somebody I know."

Eren chuckled. "Or it just demonstrates how big of a nerd you are," Levi blushed and looked away.

"Sh-shut up!" Eren walked up to his husband and gave him a passionate kiss. "You should probably get going before the rain stops." He mumbled against his lips.

On rainy days like these, Levi liked going to his favorite bookstore, picking up a good book, and curling up with a cup of Earl Grey tea. "Right." He pulled away.

He walked around the corner to retrieve his coat, shoes and keys. Levi walked back around the corner dressed in proper rain attire. He pecked Eren's lips just before whispering a quick 'bye.' then ventured out into the cold, harsh weather he knew he loved. Eren's phone started ringing. It was his best friend, Armin Arlert. "Hello?"

Armin replied in his usual bubbly tone. "Eren! Hanji, Mikasa, Jean and I are going to that new burger joint near Strawberry Street. Wanna join us?"

Eren laughed at the excitement practically oozing off of him. "Of course! But then again, could I ever turn down a good burger?" Armin giggled in response, knowing very well the answer to that question.

"Alright, meet us there at 4?" Eren glances down at his watch, observing that it was already 3:20.

"Sure. See ya!" He replied.

With that, he hung up. He skipped steps as he was heading upstairs. It had been weeks since he had last hung out with his friends, after all. After picking out his outfit, a light blue cotton button down with a pair of black skinny jeans and high-top black converse, he checked the time. '3:30. Ok, now all I need to do is call Levi.' He whipped out his phone once again and clicked on Levi's contact name.

"Hello?" A disinterested voice came through.

"Hey Levi, I just wanted to let you know that I'm going out with some friends to that new burger place," Levi sat up in his seat.

"Ohhhhh, the one with the 'Fries Before Guys' burger?" Eren confirmed, knowing it was his favorite.

"I'll bring you back one. You know, it's kinda weird you would like that considering you already have a guy." He heard the rustling of paper then Levi's reply a moment later.

"Nobody asked you, Jäeger." He drawled.

"Anyway," he continued. "Have fun." Eren smiled, even though his husband couldn't see it. "Bye, babe. I should be back by 5."

It was 3:50 so he figured he would just leave then. He grabbed the other umbrella and dashed to his car after locking the front door with the gold key he hangs around his neck.

Levi turned another page of the interesting romance novel he was reading. He didn't notice the sky turn from a beautiful baby blue to a pinkish-orange. It was still raining, however. Levi was surprised that the sky could be this stunning while buckets and buckets of water kept pouring from above. He decided to go home and finish his novel there.