Mother and Daughter

A small baby girl with eyes as bright as the stars looks up at her mother with wonder and excitement. She let out a plethora of giggles as her mother began to tickle the small child playfully.

"Mama! No!" she laughed "Mamaaaa!" she squealed in delight. Her mother chuckled and finally stopped before leaning down to kiss her little miracle on her head.

Fae, that was her daughter's name, her sweet beautiful little bundle of giggles and joy. Syren was a proud and doting mother, her daughter became her whole world. She didn't know what to do without her anymore. Today was no different. Her 3rd birthday was coming up and Syren had turned down any and all job offers so she could spend the whole day with her sweet baby.

"Mama where's daddy? Will you tell me??" Oh boy, this question. She sighed deeply as she picked up her daughter and hugged her close.

"Sweetheart, Daddy.... Daddy..." she sighed again. Her real answer was gonna hurt her poor little girl and she didn't want to make her cry on her birthday...

"Mama?" Fae looked up at her mother's pained face curiously. Syren sighed, better to warn her now then have him show up later with that tramp of his.

"Sweetheart, your daddy isn't a nice person." she finally said "He doesn't love mommy and hurt mommy a lot." she saw her daughter's eyes widen in surprise.

"He- Daddy decided a yucky, ugly woman was better than mommy so he ran away with her. So mommy left across the sea for a while so she could take care of you" she caressed her child's face tenderly.

"I know it hurts baby and I'm sorry, but you can never EVER let your ex daddy get you, his yucky lady took him away and so Mommy doesn't want him to try to take you away." Her daughter laughed at her.

"No mommy I won't go way!" she still had some baby talk in her as she kissed her mother sweetly.

"That's my girl." she cooed "Remember: Daddy picked Trash over Mommy, So daddy is? What?" she smiled playfully as her daughter answered without missing a beat: "Trash!"

"That's my girl!" she threw her baby into the air making her squeal in delight once more.

"Yay! Yay! I love you Mommy!" she laughed happily.

"Wanna go see your birthday present?" she grinned as her daughter wiggled excitedly "Yes yes!!" she had to set her down so the small girl could head to their boat for her gift.

She was lucky. Fae looked nothing like her once lover. Pale skin with silver blue hair and blue eyes. Just like her mother. Maybe that was karma. In any case, no matter what she'd looked like Syren loved her daughter endlessly. She was just happy her once lover would have nothing to do with them anymore. He didn't deserve to be in this little sweetheart's life. Or rather, if he left the tramp she might consider the idea of him getting to see her. But even then, probably not. He'd had his chance.

Syren walked to the boat where her daughter was waiting, sitting, more like bouncing, on one of the barrels. She covered her eyes as her mother went to get her gift. Fae would feel some weight on her lap as her mother set the present there. When she uncovered her eyes she found a stunning tiara! It was made of coral, shells and pearls!

Fae squealed so loud she scared all the fish near the boat!

"It's so pretty!!" she gushed as she put it on her head.

"Nothing but the best for my little sea princess!" Syren grinned, watching her daughter run around in circles with her new tiara!

"Mommy mommy I love you so so much!" she tackle hugged her mother's leg. Syren smiled warmly and picked her mini up and hugged her tight.

"I love you too baby!" she kissed her all over her face making the toddler giggle all over again.