CHAPTER I

Zoe

Michael Jackson wasn't enough to drown out the pigs fighting outside her window.

Zoe dug her earphones further into her ear.

No way they weren't drunk or at least high. Why else would they be unfortunate enough to lose their footing in this neck of the woods?

Nonetheless Zoe was irked to the point of no return. As soon as she heard the loud crack of something breaking, she lost her temper. With a growl building up in her throat, she sat up from her bed, tucked her walkman under her robe belt and pushed open her balcony's grand glass doors.

The soft cool wind whistled through her hair as she stepped, barefooted, on to her cool stone veranda, adding more background voice she could hear under Off the Wall.

She shoved her blurry glasses up her nose to locate the source of the disturbance. As expected, it came from the street facing the mansion's gates. Another pathetic group of American frat boys lost their way from whatever hellhole they partied in, and were now fighting over the last drops in a bottle of cheap strawberry booze or something of the sort.

Zoe sniffed and peered down from her balcony to see that her brothers were watching just as she was from down in the yard, watching closely the men threatening their father's sleep, ready for a signal to come and tell them what action to take.

They all sat in silence, watching their father's bedroom windows closely, waiting for any sign of his.

Zoe sighed in relief when her father's bedroom lights turned on. Now she can FINALLY rest, she thought as she and her three brothers aimed at the men, finally silencing them with four loud bangs.

Zoe hummed along to the beat of Off the Wall as she undressed herself and collapsed on her bed, snorting into her pillow almost braggingly for what a precise midnight kill has been.

No more sounds disturbed her beauty sleep, thank God.