Chapter One

The alarm on your phone rings, slowly waking you up. You were drowsy and felt nauseous; you barely got any sleep last night. Your best friend, (f/n), convinced you to stay up all night, drinking soda, eating all the junk food imaginable, watching YouTube and scrolling through the recommended section, watching memes for hours on end. 4:00 in the morning is when you finally got sleep.

Grumbling, you got out of bed, shuffled to your closet, and picked out your favorite tee and leggings without a care. In the middle of you putting on your tee, your phone buzzes once more. You dash to your bedside table, grabbing the phone in one swift, quick movement.

It's probably just (f/n), you thought to yourself as you yawned. Taking a quick glance, it wasn't (f/n), but Ethan. You took a double-take at your phone. Internally, you were freaking out, wondering what the message could say. With a shaky and nervous breath, you opened your phone and read the message, once, twice, even three times at the message.

Hey, (y/n!) I was wondering if you would come over to Mark's house and help out with the set-up? It's fine if you don't want to go, but we would like you to be there with us!

You laughed to yourself quietly at Ethan's reluctance, then carefully responded:

Of course I'll be there! It'll take a couple minutes to drive over but I'll go as fast as I can.

You quickly brushed your hair and fixed your appearance, grabbed the keys, and walked out of your apartment and down the stairs. Trembling with excitement, you couldn't wait to see Ethan. His bright smile, contagious laugh, his bright-sky-blue hair. Everything about him makes you blush slightly.

As of now, you and Ethan are good friends, but you felt as if there could be something more in the friendship, but you didn't know how to confess your feelings without making anything awkward or confusing between you two.

Could Ethan...Like me? You thought to yourself for a quick second, but then brushed the thought away with a scoff. Even if Ethan liked you, he would have told you a long time ago.

As you started heading towards Mark's house, you couldn't brush the silly thought out of your head.

// end of chapter one //