Chapter 15: Badminton? More like Not-Bad-minton!

(Disclaimer: this is just fluff)

It was a gorgeous spring day: flowers sparkles and birds sang a cheerful tune. And, as a usually Saturday morning, Marinette and Adrien took the empty park to themselves. Their competitiveness needed to be satisfied. 

"Got the sandwiches?" Marinette ask while swinging her arms side by side.

"Yup" he responds, simply. They walk together in stable silence. The sun had just rose and the two soulmates set up their net.

" Last week was a flunk," Marinette threats " I'll totally get you this time" Her shuttlecock flew upwards as she swung with her might.

" Whatever you say, your highness" He laughs as he spikes (the correct term is actually smash, spike is used for volleyball) the shuttlecock down to the grass.  Marinette runs frantically to the shuttlecock and slide on the ground.

"That was a lucky shot" She shouts in frustration while brushing off the grass from her pink capris.

"Luck isn't real" he says " the only thing by my side is skill" Marinette mockingly, sticks her tongue out and tosses the shuttlecock over the net.

" Your serve"

" You okay?"

" Oh, now you're asking! Well my capris just got stained so I'm fired up"

"Okay..."

He serves the shuttlecock and Marinette swings her racket violently. He jumps as it shoots past his face.

" Damn" he mumbles as Marinette spins on her heel cackling.

"My serve!" She cheers. He passes it back to her, and she attempts to catch it with one hand. It fumbles to the ground.

Marinette serves again and he runs to the left to just makes it. Marinette swings and the shuttlecock soars upwards. Adrien, once again, run back but, it's too late. The birdy floats to the ground.

"Gosh you're so much better than me" He stutters while picking up the birdy.

" I know!" She says exuberantly. The wind combs through her soft hair and her smile appears devious and effervescent.

"Stop staring at me" Marinette jokes. He flushes in response and passes the birdy back.

"I'm thinking of growing out my bangs" She says while, this time, catching the shuttlecock.

"It would suit you" he says in agreement.  His face stays red as he nervously scratches his neck. Parents and children start filling up the park. Their banter is no longer private and the carousel beings to play. The sun has rose farther up so the sky was no longer blood orange.

" I think my look is starting to get childish and immature" she continues " Pink is kind of girly, isn't it?" She shrugs in defeat.

" If you want to change your image, go do so"  Adrien states "but, I think your child-like wonder is extraordinary, I'd rather have us never grow up" Marinette quickly hides her embarrassment by tilting her head down, her bangs cover her face.

"No" She starts " Adrien, you're extraordinary"

Author's Long Note:

Hey beautifuls,

This story has come to an end.

The twist and turns, the happy and the sad...It's all over.

Now I know you wanna see what happens to Nino and Alya well, here's the thing:

That part of the story is up to you. They are soulmate so, they're bound to be together, continue the story.  If it's in a
day, or if it's in 10 years. If they meet up at a book convention or it becomes a college au. It's your choice. I'd love to see the creative sparks in your eyes.

If you write a sequel to my story, please send it to me. I'm not being lazy, I just wanna give others a chance so people can make a miraculous story.

I've also started a MariChat fic, so go check it out!

I love you guys so much,  the popularity I got is thanks to you.

                               Kiwii is signing out...