Mr. Montgomery

*Ring Ring*

The sun enters the dim room just as the alarm clock goes off as Hope rubs her groggy eyes and searches for her phone. The call ends and Hope gets out of bed. She isn't too excited about today and starts to think about calling in sick. She ponders this tempting idea as she checks the time - 8:15 am. She knows deep inside of her that work is the best thing for today. As she undresses, her phone rings again. She looks at the screen and sees Logan's name appear, she sighs and reluctantly picks it up.

"Why are you calling me?" She hisses.

"Babe, don't hang up! I just wanna to talk!" Logan pleads.

"Stop calling me that! There's nothing to discuss. I have to get to work. Don't call me again, I mean it."

"Come on baby, don't be like that. It was a mistake, it won't happen again."

She sighs as she hears his toxic words flow out of the receiver into her ear, pleading for her forgiveness, asking for a second, third and forth chance. She didn't want to go back because she knew it would happen again.

"I have to go, bye Logan." She hangs up before he can respond and slumps down onto the floor, fighting back tears. As she starts to feel herself again, she receives a text from Amanda.

"Hey chicka! I know you probably hate life right now, so if you want you can come over, make some popcorn, watch The Notebook and sob our eyes out about how much we hate guys! Or if you're feeling up to it, we can hit the mall and go SHOPPING! Text back hun, muah!"

Amanda and her have been best friends since she can remember and being through so much, Amanda knew the drill after break ups; it was usually one or the other but today didn't feel like a day to cry or waste money on skimpy outfits that will only attract guys with an IQ of 4. She wants to just go to work and pretend that past 2 years of her life didn't happen. She didn't want a guy to control her emotions anymore.

* * *

After having an extremely long shower, she realizes she is going to be late and quickly changes into a white summer dress with matching white wedges, styles her hair in a cute but easy braid and heads out of her apartment. She presses the elevator button and waits for what seems like ages. She enters the elevator in a hurry and looks for her car keys only to remember they are on her door. She sticks her hand out just in time, gets her key and gets back in the elevator before it closes.

"Wow, I've never seen a girl move that fast before," says a guy she now notices.

"Well this is the speed you must have if you don't want to be late," she turns to him and notices his chocolate brown locks that fall just above his eyes, and dimples as he laughs at her hasty remark.

"Preach, I have an interview today and I still need to get a bunch of shit done before I get there." After this she notices how formal he's dressed. Navy blue tux, matching his tie with a white undershirt. She realizes that she's staring when he continues,

"Liking the view? Mine's not too bad itself." He winks at her and flashes a lazy smile. She notices his amazingly white teeth as he smiles down at her. Embarrassed, she points to his slanted collar.