Epilogue

He had been expecting a call from Mercy Graves very soon. However, he had to admit he had not expected her to call this soon. While being flown over the Atlantic Ocean on his private jet, he picked up his phone to answer Mercy's call.

"Lex Luthor?"

"We have a problem, Lex. Project Kr has been put on ice, permanently. The Superboy turned on us and the clone designated Match has been killed as well."

Lex was silent for a long moment. This news had come as a real blow. For a brief shining moment, he had been sure he had unlocked the door to killing off Superman. Now he was back to square one.

"How has the press responded to the damage at Lex Corp?"

"No one knows the truth about what happened," Mercy assured him. "when word got out about the damage at Cadmus, we told them terrorists attacked. I have told them the same thing here."

This was acceptable news for Lex. As long as the truth behind Cadmus and Lex Corp remained hidden, he was satisfied. After all, Kr was not the only project within Cadmus.

"There is another problem," Mercy added. "One of files has been stolen by Speedy. Do you want us to pursue him? Superboy escaped with him."

"No, don't worry about them for now," said Lex. "Which file was stolen?"

"The file concerning the Bialyan temple."

"No need to worry, then. It will take time for Mr. Harper to figure out the connection to Bialya, which buys us time to plan the next stage of our plans. Continue managing Lex Corp, Mercy. I will speak with the Queen Bee personally on the information you have sent me."

"Will that be all, Lex?"

"Yes, that will beall, for now."