The one

The soft sea breeze blows as I amble along the shore of Dead sea .That name reminds me of that day,maybe this sea was actually meant to kill.

On this exact same day. Here I stand where Junior always used to stand and gaze at the sunset while his mother and me used to watch him play as all little boys would do.

We would bring him here every Saturday, his eyes were enlarged like the sight of the moon in a pair of binoculars that poured out with happiness his smile would brighten up our day like the sun creeping out from the back of the mountains. Early morning he would wake us with his whole toy box at hand .Until he he was 12 years old we took him there for him to escape from the city's depression.

Puberty reached him, he shared everything with us we knew everything going on in his life until that ghastly day. The day his mother departed from us forever. It happened all so quick. The main road was drenched and slippery, it was a very wet winter season, the first in 30 years. His mother and I were approaching home on our way from the fancy restaurant we went to on our 15th year anniversary. my phone rang and I got distracted. She started yelling in terror " Truck,truck,David !". I suddenly looked up and a loud hoot came my way and I lost control of the car but I eventually steered out of the way. Then all went black and the next thing I could remember was waking up to the sound of paramedics and cops. The car had rolled over and her side had been damaged, all I saw was that her face flicked scarlet, and I  knew that she had been taken from me and Junior.

Ever since he heard of his mother he had never been the same, he hardly ever talked to me. His stare had become horrid and cold and never smiled but grinned. He had become a treasure trove sealed with thousands of locks. He hated me for all of this .The only place he ever was were at school and in his room.
The only thing his mother left for him to remember her was a note in her bag.

"Dear Junior by the time you get this letter I may be long gone. I want you to know that I love you so much. You are my angel.
XoXo P.S Mom "

I remember the day like it was yesterday. He had told me earlier on the Saturday morning that he was going to the sea and that he was staying over at some friends of his.
Later that evening I heard a persistent bang at my door and I scurried downstairs and opened it and two officers filled the way. I knew that Junior had done something terribly wrong. The one mumbled from out from under his moustache " Good day Mr. George we have really bad news..." he continued. After I heard that Junior had drowned after hitting his head against a sharp rock. My life took a standstill and I knew that everyone I ever had abandoned me.
He too had left me to escape from the depression he had after his mother's death.

He was only 17 I shouldn't have put him through all this. I have nothing more left in this world. My life was meaningless like a vacant tin. They say everything happens for a reason but why had it happened to me?

" I can do all things through Christ" , Could I really? Why could he choose me of all people. I was the one who's family had abandoned him .I was the one who was empty. I was the one who God choose to be left alone. I was the one who had caused all this.

Here I stand where Junior always used to stand left with nothing more...