Chapter 2

June 6, Sophia's Birthday

·········································

"Should we wake her?" Penelope whispered.

"Um...I guess, but you know how she is when she has lack of her beauty sleep," Lucas replied with the same tone.

"True. But if she doesn't wake up, we're going to be late." Penelope complained.

"Would you two assbutts shut up?!" I grabbed my pillow and threw it towards my two best friends.

Receiving a tiny yelp from Penelope, I giggled realizing that my aiming skills are getting better. Soon after, I felt the same pillow slap down on my head.

"Ow," I groaned. "I'm up, okay?!" I dragged my feet to the side of the bed and stood up. I turned to face Lucas and Penelope. "Wait...late for what?"

"Nothing!" Lucas and Penelope replied in unison. I furrowed my eyebrows.

After deciding that it would be better to end the conversation, I grabbed a pair of shorts and a tank top from my closet, and headed to my bathroom to change.

When I got back, Lucas was admiring the Polaroid pictures on my wall, and Penelope was sitting at my desk, scanning her phone. Lucas was dressed in a white t-shirt and basketball shorts. Penny was wearing a floral summer dress, which happens to be her favorite dress, with cute sandals to match.

Once they noticed my appearance, they both shot up. "Ready to go?" Lucas asked, running his fingers through his hair.

I gazed between my two friends. "Yeah...where exactly are we going again?"

"You'll see. Now stop with the damn questions and get in the car!" Penny ordered. I let out a small chuckle to her silliness, and followed them to Lucas' car.

•••

"Keep your eyes closed. No peeking." Lucas barked along with Penny agreeing for me to do so. And I did.

Honestly, I had no idea whatsoever what or where they were taking me.

Penny had her hands over my eyes as Lucas grabbed my wrist to guide me.

"Ready?" Penny whispered in my ear. I responded with a nod.

When she let go of my eyes, I was greeted by a group of people yelling "Happy Birthday Sophie!" I was literally in awe. The trees were covered with little white lights, a bonfire was in the middle of the scenery, and the warm summer air made it feel perfect.

"Oh my goodness! Thank you all so much!" I yelled out with joy.

I noticed familiar faces in the group of people; kids from school.

"We're glad you like it Soph," Penny said giving me a hug. Lucas joined in turning it into one of our famous group hugs.

"It was my idea, by the way," Lucas chirped. Penny and I let out a huff of laughter.

"Okay, Mr. Cocky, sure it was," Penny rolled her eyes. We all giggled.

I lived the moment, admiring every second I spent with my friends and my true friends, Penelope Martin and Lucas Lovell.

From what turned into a grouchy wake to the best birthday ever, I felt calm and at ease for the first time in a long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How's everyone enjoying the story so far? (I'll take full criticism)

Just incase any of you are confused, this story jumps back and forth from the present to the past. Chapters the have a date and event on them, take place in the past. Chapters that don't are taking place in the present.

Please vote, comment, and follow!

NEXT UPDATE: Friday

~Ingrid