Part 1

"George! Jonathan! Dinner's ready!" The two best men in my life darted down our carpeted staircase and sat down at our wooden table. "Come on Rebecca!" I shouted, and my 5 year old daughter followed.

"Would you like to say grace, Rebecca?" My beautiful husband asked our outstanding daughter.

"Sure!" After she was done with her rehearsed grace, the family dig into our Thanksgiving dinner.

"How's the sixth grade treating you?" My brother, Mike, asked George.

"It's pretty good, Uncle Mikey. We get to go on a field trip to the zoo when we get back from break!"

"Rad!" Mike smiled at him. "How's Kindergarten, Becky?"

"I wike it. But I wost a toof one day and that wasn't very fun."

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. "I'll bet that's Aunty El!" I stood up and shuffled to open the large wooden door. Sure enough, it was. Mike walked up and kissed her; then he led her to the chair next to his.

"Sorry I'm late, you guys. I got stuck in traffic after work."

"That's alright," Jonathan offered. "As long as we're all here." He smiled around the room.

***

After having such a huge dinner, we all sat down to play board games. Dustin, Will, and Lucas joined.

Around 9:30, Rebecca was yawning. "Hey guys- I'm going to take Rebecca upstairs and get her ready for bed. Say goodnight, Becky."

"Night night, eweybody." She rubbed her eyes and walked sleepily up the stairs.

Once I finally got her asleep, the doorbell rang and she jolted awake. "It's okay, sweetie." I assured her. "I'll be right back.

I trotted down the steps. "Who is it, baby?" I asked Jonathan as I saw him open the door. I turned the corner and saw who it was.

"What are you doing here, Steve?"

"Well, well. Isn't it the Byers clan? How long has it been again? Ten years?"