Chapter One

The Ice gleamed in a rainbow pattern as the pair of friends danced on the chilled top of the rink, their laughs filling the small enclosure. Yuuri, a black haired young man, let out a loud sigh as a slowed in front of his best friend Phichit, a Thailand skater. Phichit skidded to a halt, the blades of his skates scratching harshly into the ice.
"Yuuri? Is something wrong?" Phichit asked, "I swear I didn't post our picture anywhere!"
Yuuri looked at him, a brow rising questioningly, "Oh no, no. Other than being blind, I'm just a little aggravated. JJ keeps relating me to some German fairy tale."
"German Fairy tale?" Phichit asked, tilting his head in a confused manner.
"Yeah, but he keeps saying Cinder Ella. Their last maid was named Ella," Yuuri started as he rubbed his neck, "And since I always have cinder, dirt and grime on me from cleaning JJ has been going around calling me Cinderella, which is another name for the German fairy tale." He let out a ragged sigh, "I know it is stupid to get upset about.."
Phichit tilted his head, a light bulb practically exploding in his head, "Yuuri, Cinderella married Prince Charming! Speaking of Prince Charming," he started with a grin, "Prince Viktor's Birthday is coming up. An Ice Ball is being thrown in his honor at the grand rink! You're going right?"
"Ice ball? I don't know Phichit... You know how my step mother is..." Yuuri started before being cut off by Phichit.
"Who said anyone had to know?" His friend asked with a tilt of the head, "No time to question it, let's go find an outfit!"
Yuuri stared at him, rushing to grab his glasses from his jacket pocket. His whole body was consumed with a tingling feeling as the thought of meeting prince Viktor fluttered through his head. Phichit grabbed his hand, his laughter filling the small ice rink. Yuuri barely fought as Phichit dragged him from the rink.
"This is going to be a long day..." Yuuri mumbled to himself, nearly tripping over the steps out of the door.