Part 1

I wake up to another day in hell, AKA my life. I wake up, take my medicine, and check how much hair has grown back,none.  I wrap a bandana around my bald head and get dressed. When I walk downstairs my mother has already made breakfast.
   "Good morning Anna, how's my brave soldier," said my caring mother.
    "As good as a dyeing teenager could feel I guess, what's for breakfast?" I respond. 
   "Your favorite, French toast," smiled my mother.
     "Yay!" I exclaimed. I love French toast.

     I finished my meal then grabbed my book bag and walked out the door. Next week I will be in the hospital for my chemotherapy treatment, so I get to go to school for 1 week. I walk in, place my stuff in my locker, then continue to my first class. As I walked in I realized we had a substitute teacher. Great.

" I am your substitute teacher, Mrs. Smith. Let me take role,then we shall begin," she said. I sat and waited for her to say to take off my bandana hiding my bald head.
"Ms. Tenor," Here it comes. "Please remove your headpiece," she said in a harsh tone.
"I have permission to wear this," I snapped back.
"Not by me, now take it off," she said. I stood up took off my hat.
"You see, I have cancer I don't need your permission to hide it, now please continue with your lesson before I tell the principal about your rudeness towards me," I scowled at her. She apologized all over herself. I try to not get angry about it, but when people tell you over and over again, you get sick of it.

****Time skip**** lunchtime

    I walk over to the only person I actually like in my school, my best friend Samantha, I call her Sam.
"What's up Sam?" I said happily.
"Just eaten my fish taco, or whatever meat this is, want a bite?" She said while chewing her food.
"How many times have I told you,I'm vegetarian, how long have you known me?" I said.
"Sorry, I have the memory of a goldfish," she said apologetically. I love her and everything but sometimes she's an airhead, although who isn't every once in awhile.
"When's your next treatment?"she said.
"Next week, that's why I'm here," I said obviously not happy about it.
"I'll visit you,"she said.
"I'm looking forward to it, if you can't tell by my smile," I respond.
"It will be OK," she said. I want to believe her, but it's really hard to stay positive in a situation like this. I finish my salad, take my medicine, and continue to my next classes, prepared for boredom.

**time skip** 1 week later

I finish the last meal I will have for a long time, and finish packing my stuff, since I'm staying for a month and a half, I'm allowed to wear my own clothes. When I grab my suitcase and hop in the car, I look over and see my mother cry.
"Mom, it's ok, I'm going to survive this. I love you," I said tears brimming my eyes.
"I know baby, I know you will, I'll just miss you so much," she cried out.
"You'll visit every day right?" I cried.
"Every chance I get," she said as she hugged me. Then, we drove to the hospital, crying our hearts out.