Diary of a wimpy kid have to move on to another house

CHAPTER 1

Saturday

I yawned and stretched my arms when I heard what my mom said from the front seat of the van. We have been travelling on the roads for hours. I lost track of time of time once we drove out of our old neighborhood which is on the other side of the city.

Yup, we had to leave our home because dad got a job promotion which meant we had to move to another place so it would be good for him, and for all of us.

It’s really bad and also hard moving into a new place and environment. I mean we just had to leave the place I always called ‘’my home’’. And the worst of all is that i had to leave my best friends Lucas, Tom and John, it’s just going to take me time to adjust in the new house.

I leaned on the window on the right side of the car and saw many children playing in their front yard. And its summer so there is no school, free day well good for them.

We passed by a house where I saw two kids who looked like they were in middle school and one of them was a little chubby while the other one wasn’t. They were being chased by a teenager holding a water gun. He had a messy black in colour hair and a tanned skin. He was wearing a bright red t-shirt and a blue shorts. It looked like he was having fun with what he was doing while the other two had scared faces.

And there, dad said as we passed by two houses. He was pointing at one across the street, so I had to move to the left  side of the car to see it on the front yard and it had huge board written ‘’SOLD OUT’’ sign. From outside the house looked quite small than our old house.

And dad parked the car in front of the driveway, since we had to get stuff and the garage door wasn’t opened as yet.

I stepped out of the car to get my boxes. There was very warm breeze since its summer.

I walked into our new house, carrying two boxes with names on it. I got to say that the place was pretty big from inside though it looks small from outside. I immediately went upstairs to choose my room!!

There were actually 4 rooms in the house there was one downstairs and three up here. I quickly choose a room a placed the boxes in the room and went back to the car to get the other stuff, three more boxes and one big suitcase.

Once I got settled with my entire luggage in my room, I slumped to my bed. I was too lazy to unpack. I closed my eyes and took a nap.

GREG!!!

Heard my elder brother Rodrick shouting out loud from downstairs saying that wake up we will be going out for dinner. And I replied back okay Rodrick.

I just grabbed a red and white t-shirt with strips on it with jeans from my suitcase. Once I got ready I wore my tomy shoes, and went downstairs since my brothers and parents were waiting for me

You are ready, Greg? Have you finished unpacking you things? My mom asked me. Anyway our new neighbors from the house across the street invited us to have dinner with them. I told her mom you’ve already got friends.

We crossed the street and I noticed that we were heading to the house where I saw the teenager bully chasing the middle schooler.

My mom rang the doorbell. A lady who looks as the same age as my mom opened the door

‘’Oh hi! Come in,’’ the lady opened the door wider so we could enter their house. She led us to the dining room where a man, whom I guess is her husband, was standing with one boy who was the middle schooler.

Hi there! My mom responded enthusiastically saying our family name Heffley. ‘’ I am Julie this is my husband, my elder son Rodrick and my younger son Greg.