Chapter One

Kayla

"Baby, you look fine," Devon told me, as I examined my hips in the mirror. I sighed, "Maybe if I had slimmer hips I would look fine."

He looked at me through the mirror and shook his head, sitting up from the bed.

"It's just one dinner, why are you being like this again?" He asked me. "Nothing Devon." I mumbled and walked over to my closet.

He groaned, "No, it's not nothing. If it were nothing you wouldn't be sitting here complaining about your hips when you 100% know that your body is hot as fuck, so what's going on?"

I smiled, blushing that he called me hot.

"I'm just not confident like I used to be." I muttered, turning away. I heard him get up and wrap his arms around my waist. "Baby, you don't have to be confident to know you're hot." He whispered in my ear.

Um, you kinda do.

I got out of his grasp and grabbed my heels from my closet, putting them on.

"Kayla! Hurry up!" Mom yelled from downstairs. I looked at Devon and took his hand, pulling myself closer to him.

"I'll be back, soon." I told him. "In time for my hockey game?" He asked. My eyes widened. "Shit, that's today? You didn't tell me." I said, covering my mistake with an even bigger mistake.

He laughed and shook his head, "I've told you about 100 times, dork." He said, "And don't worry, it's the first game of the season, who cares." He shrugged.

I gave him a look and slapped his head, "Of course it matters! First game of the season and I might not even make it? Oh I'm going to try." I said.

He smiled and kissed me, "That's what I like to hear."

We walked downstairs and I said bye to Devon before getting in my mom's car.

"About time you got down here." She said pulling out of the driveway. I shrugged. "So who are we meeting again?" I asked, waving at Devon as we drove away.

"You're meeting Joshua, my boyfriend, and his best friend Shawn." She said. "Why do I have to come? I don't want to be around a bunch of adults." I whined, knowing instantly I'd rather be at home and watching netflix.

"Actually, Shawn's your age." She smiled. I rolled my eyes. "And, he's a very great singer, around next month he's going on tour with fifth harmony." She added.

I raised an eyebrow, "Who's fifth harmony?"

(AN: lol me af)

"I have no clue." She responded.

We pulled into one of the fanciest restaurants in town, and let me tell you, there's rarely fancy places in Vancouver.

We got to the front desk and sat down in the waiting area.

"Why are we waiting? No one else is." I said. "We're meeting them here." She said. But before I could respond, Joshua was walking in with like, 3 people and my mom said only Shawn was coming.

"Girls, I'd like you to meet my parents, Shauna and Jerry." Joshua said, introducing us. We smiled. "Mom, dad, this is my girlfriend, Carissa, and her daughter Kayla."

We got our seats and I sat down, Shawn sat across from me and smiled.

I looked at mom and she looked so nervous around his parents, I found it cute.