New Rules

"Whoa!" I shouted as I jumped from the sofa. I was totally mesmerized by the 17 year old girl on TV. "Hey mom , my favorite lacrosse player is on .'' I said as I ran to the kitchen to tell my mom. "I want to be competitive in lacrosse." I said glancing over to see if she could watch with me. "I don't want to be in the mini classes,anymore." I said, searching my mom's face of a reply. "I'll think about it." said Mom, glancing at the open door to my room. "Let me tell you something,Cherette. When I was your age, I couldn't do athletics because I always had homework to do. So if you finish your homework in school, I'll let you." I rushed into my pink filled room with posters of my favorite competitors. They were mostly posters of cute puppies and Katie Schwarzmann.I plopped into my chair and began my treacherous math homework.

   As I got ready to go I filled up my water bottle and was ready to leave. Mom was the one keeping me from going. "Hurry up mom!'' I yelled as I stepped out the back door.She moved her arms fast, showing that she was moving at speeds of a cheetah, but really she was just the laidback mom. I yanked at the car door handle so I wouldn't be slow and waste a second. I hopped in and we headed down the driveway.