Prologue

" Anne... " An elderly man's voice broke through an empty void. " Are you afraid of me? " 

" No... " A soft girl's voice answered. " But I am afraid of god... "  

' The Lonely Either Become  Empty or Thoughtful. ' - Anne Mcurry , 1892

1912

Columbia, Monument Island

" Ah, Anne, you take after your mothers looks.. " An elderly man, with a white beard surrounding his chin and nose chuckled. " Not forgetting your fathers personality, of course. " 

A chorus of laughter surrounded the elderly man and younger woman.

Infront of her, was ' Father Comstock '. Unlike a few, she.. admired the man. How he fought for what he believed in.

She truly believed he was the saviour of this new era. 

" Thank you, Father Comstock. " Was all she replied, a small smile littering her petite features. " I have a question, if I may ask it.. " She trailed off for approval. 

Which she received with a nod. 

" They tell me you're a man with great grit, " She felt a sly smirk fall onto her lips. " Is it true? " 

Father Comstock chuckled lightly. " It may be so, it may not be so. Do not trust rumors, my child. " He had calmly wrapped an arm around the young lady's shoulders, pulling her away from the ground, and onto a balcony. 

" They say you are lonely, Miss Mcurry. Is that true? " He empathized, raising a white brow. 

She chuckled quietly, " Mister Comstock, " She pulled away from his arm cooly. " The lonely either become empty or thoughtful. " She educated. " Which one do you think I am? " She turned a sneaky eye towards him. 

" nne-"

" Anne! "

" ANNE! " 

She jolted from her seat, rubbing her eyes quickly. She was met with soft eyes, and dark brown hair. 

Her first and formal friend, Elizabeth. 

" Ah, I'm sorry. I must have dozed off. " Anne apologized with a lazy grin. 

She glanced over towards the mirror calmly, raising a brow. 

One thing she had a chance to memorize were the amount of mirrors.. It felt odd. To her, atleast. Elizabeth had seemed to always be in her own little world, dreaming of the streets in paris.