Chapter 1 •The Diagnostic•

Percy's eyes fluttered around the room. Where was he? All he remembered was collapsing while singing Sweet Escape in the shower.

Bet he was embarrassing to find.

His vision was watery and a soft beeping came like he was under water. Was he currently dying in self-doubt and shower water?

"Percy, hey baby." He heard a watery voice.

Then it all snapped together. A tube going into his nose and a cloth wrapped around his head. Oh man his head hurt like he was struck by lighting or something.

Percy groaned. "Ow."

Sally sniffled, like she was trying to stop crying "You scared me."

Percy looked around the room, hospital equipment? He looked at his mother, "What happened?"

"You tell me, first i heard music then a loud thump. You were bleeding from the fall and wouldn't wake up." She rubbed her thumb across his arm.

"That must've been embarrassing finding me unconscious in the shower to the sound of Gwen Stafani." Percy chuckled and winced from the pain. "How long have i been out?"

"A few hours, they did some cat scans and said they'll be back soon." Sally gave a small smile. She was relived he would be okay for right now.

The door opened and white lab coat came into view.

ANNABETH~

Annabeth sat silently in her bra and underwear in the waiting area. They batted her down and made sure for no things that would harm her. Her father had enough of her delusions.

After finding her in the bathroom, blood pouring out her wrists because she thought it would appease her mother and make her come back, he knew he couldn't help her. The doctor had warned him but he refused to listen.

Her mother left her when she was 5, told her dad to fuck off and left. Annabeth didn't know her name but she remembered her dad calling her a wise goddess. So she googled goddesses and named her Athena.

Her mother, Athena.

Athena had helped Annabeth live life. Talking to her when things got tough. Until she hit the teens. Annabeth started to get depressed because her mother just sat there and didn't talk to her. She thought she had done something wrong. She stopped eating and sleeping. Her father got worried.

All Annabeth wanted was her mother to talk to her. So she tried different cocktails of painkillers and medicine. When that didn't work she went to other means...

Annabeth didn't realize someone was talking to her.

"Annabeth, you can put your clothes back on." A nurse spoke gently.

Annabeth moved towards them. Sweats and a teeshirt. Nothing special. She clothed her self then sat down.

She already knew her diagnosis, she had been given several of them. It was called depressive psychosis. She didn't believe it, her mind thought her mother was there but she was a danger to others and herself.

She'd been through this process before.

The nurse picked up a plastic clipboard. "You will be here until decreased and you do not see hallucinations." She read the chart and read on and on.

Annabeth looked up and just above the nurses shoulder saw her mother. She blinked and it went away.

She wasn't crazy.

PERCY~

The doctor smiled sadly and then pulled out a clipboard. "Well good news and bad news."

Sally straightened up. Ready to hear something.

It wasn't the first time Percy had collapsed in uncomfortable places. He's collapsed during a argument, writing an essay, asking a girl on a date...those kind of things. He'd always assumed it  was stress, so has his parents.

Or parent.

Percy would get sick constantly when he was a sick where he'd have to be hospitalized. His mother didn't tell him what illness he had just he got sick. His father couldn't handle it, and just left her and joined the navy and they hadn't seem him sense.

Percy was fine with that. He was a bit of a dick. If he didn't want to be in the picture oh well.

"What is it then?" Percy cleared his throat.

"Okay, well when you didn't cause any brain damage but there is something else in your brain. A tumor, almost the size of a fist. You're mother gave us consent and we did a blood test. The tumor is cancerous. We just got the test results back." He replied calmly. He said it so calmly, that Percy was speechless.

Sally held back her tears. "So its back."

"Whats back mom?" Percy panicked a little.

Sally turned to him. "Cancer. You had it as a little kid and thats why you got sick. You were only 4 Percy."

Well shit.