Chapter 11) It all Comes together

Lalna's POV

Nano is now apart of the club which means I spend almost every day with her now, but I am to afraid to ask her out or anything, she couldn't possibly like me. If anything she seems more into Sjin than me. 

'Hey guys I had an idea about the shoes' I though sending telepathic signals, Sjin helped me design a new piece of tech that allows us to send and receive telepathic conversations between us.

'Give it a minute i'm about to give a speech in my chem class' Nano said, in the past couple of weeks in the club she has become the co-leader but she actually just tells us what to do and we do it. I heard one of the others switch on their shoes, we all have the same class at the moment and I saw Xephos zip out of the room, We could see the others move if we had our shoes on. Before I knew he had left the room he was back in his seat, a few papers flying off our classmates desks from the gust of wind that blew in behind him.

'There your assignment has a grade in the page, she won't call on you if she thinks you've done it and she doesn't really pay attention to who went up' Xephos thought, I could see him grinning on the other side of the classroom.

'Okay well since that's out of the way i'll continue with what I was saying, I designed something when I was a kid, a liquid that changed the very properties of whatever it touches giving it the likeness of whatever I want, we could spread that across everything with our speed and paint the city whatever we want' I wonder if they could sense my excitement over the telepathic link.

That was the end of the conversation at the time, we all went our separate ways through the day and I went straight home after school. I started work with the quantum gas, that's what i'm gonna call it, I summon sjin with the link and he arrives in seconds.

"Jeez, don't you have a life? What were you doing?" I asked.

"I was watching youtube, easy to pause" He replied with a chuckle. "Whatchya need?"

"We need to design a thing that allows for us to disperse a gas around us but also has the components inside it to recreate the gas as it gets used" I say, I can already tell the wheel inside his head is turning while he considers the options. "It also has to be small enough to clip onto our belt or something, that way it doesn't bug us while we run.

We get to work, putting stuff together and getting it ready, the room was glowing a ton of colors, at this point the rest of the crew had showed up, everyone was claiming colors at this point while sjin worked on the device.

"Ooo i'll take purple!" Nano excitedly yelled across the room.

"Blue is claimed" Sjin pipes up from the work bench.

"Obviously I got green, it matches my eyes" I say with a grin.

"Screw it i'll take pink, might as well" Xephos says sitting on the couch.

"I'm finished" Sjin says holding four belts. They all matched the colors we picked.

He started tossing them to everyone, they all looked at him with a curious look. Then they all put the belts on the you could tell the difference, they all seemed to glow their color.

"Okay so these belts project a field of color around you, they also disperse the gas if you just twist the belt clasp" He said twisting his own, it started to spit out the gas and then it shot out a big cloud painting the room. We all turn on our belts and then turn on the shoes. We all start running around the town with the belts painting a streak of neon colors spiraling around the city, building after building being painted, we had fun just marking our territory as the colors swirled. We went back home and saw the line of color was already fading, its not permanent.

Everyone went home but Sjin, we decided to go run together, we tried to see who was fastest, we found a straightaway that led out of town. We both switched on our shoes and then we shot out of the start, our colors combining as we ran faster than anything in the world, while we were running he tripped, I tried to catch him but i missed, he was tumbling down the road at the speed of sound, but then he wasn't, he just disappeared. His neon color just came to a dead stop. 

Sjin's POV

Lalna and I were at the starting line, both of  us ready to run. I had this feeling that something was going to happen, it didn't feel good but it didn't feel bad. We both jumped from the start at the same time, speeding down the raceway it was exhilarating, our colors streaming behind us leaving a streak of blue and green colors, they were slightly mixing in the middle. That's when that thing I was feeling happened. I tripped, as I fell I looked behind me but there wasn't anything there, I tripped on nothing. I never even hit the ground I was going so fast, But then there was a flash of light and suddenly I was on the side of a road, a different road than what we had been running on.

There were headlights going one way then the next, the road curved slightly to the left. I looked up just in time to see a car passing a truck that was going slow around the corner. Since the road curved around the side of a hill the car never saw the oncoming traffic. There was a head-on collision right in front of me. The truck pulled over but I could see a kid in the car that was hit. 

I switched on my shoes and ran in to get him. The kid had bright strawberry blonde hair that looked kinda like Lalna's. The parent's in the front were already dead so I grabbed the kid and ran out. The whole car lit up right then, the gas tank had leaked all over the rest of the car. If I hadn't grabbed him right then he wouldn't have made it. I set him on the side of the road where the trucker could see him and then I dashed off, suddenly there was a bright flash and again I was somewhere else.

I was outside a mansion like building, it had dark stone and gargoyles adorning the corners. There was a woman and a strawberry blonde kid at the door. He looked just like the kid I saved, the door opened and a woman stood there, she had no smile nor any other sign of showing any sort of emotion. The woman with the kid lent down and said something to him but then she just left, she almost looked like she could be his mother. The kid and the emotionless woman disappeared inside and the large double doors closed shut behind them. I decided to have a look at what's going on but as I took my first step the flash happened again and I was in yet another strange place.

I was in a room, it was furnished with nothing but a small bed and a bedside table, on the table was a calendar that had a circle around a date, July 12. It said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!". I switched on my shoes and darted out the window when I heard the doorknob jiggle. That blonde kid walked in, but this time he wasn't the same, He was a few years older, and he looked just like Lalna now. He was quietly talking to himself, something about how nobody ever did anything for his birthday but that's okay because he hates all  the other kids anyway. That sparked an idea in my head. I dashed to the nearest store and grabbed wrapping paper, I have the perfect gift for him. I had the same textbook on quantum mechanics that he was reading the day I had met him. I wrapped it and then flew through his room and dropped it off on his bed next to him. I sat outside his window for a moment just to see the smile on his face before a flash of light took me away again.

This time I was in a basement, the walls were dark and gloomy but on one side there was a workbench with a light above it, Little Lalna was hard at work creating something for the textbook. Suddenly a poof happened and the liquid he had evaporated instantly leaving behind no trace of it's existence. He looked about ready to give up, but that's when I remembered, The form of this that we have is in a gas form. I dash over and write "GAS" in the textbook right where he was looking. His eyes widened and he spun around the room but I was staying out of his sight. He spun back to the workbench, I could just see the smile that spread across his face.

"Thank you blue, you've been a great friend" He said without turning around again and he got to work. The flash took me again and I knew it was taking me back home. I tumbled out of the bright light right where I had been when I tumbled in. Lalna was standing there with a confused look on his face, that's the moment it clicked though.

"Welcome back blue, good to see you" He said with a grin, he walked over to me and gave me a hug. We decided to walk back home together rather than run, it was probably for the best.