Introduction

Since National Novel Writing Month of 2016, listening to music while writing has been... let's say, amazing for me. I create entire playlists for my novels. 

Music has been one of my primary escapes this year because I often have difficulty expressing how I feel. I have also found it to be a very inspiring source of ideas for stories and novels. 

All of the songs I have selected for these playlists are clean and have been performed by artists who are Christians, even if their genre isn't 'Christian'. This has just about everything from worship songs by Matthew West to hard-rock by Nine Lashes. I'll even throw in Twenty One Pilots and Owl City songs here and there. 

For the sake of convenience, each list will have up to only twenty songs each. But please, by all means, make any suggestions for songs or artists that you would like to see featured in these playlists, as long as they're Christian. 

Whether you write mellow realistic fiction or hardcore speculative fiction  with a lot of action, these playlists, which are categorized by genre and characters and their emotions, can help you write your next novel or story. 

As a disclaimer, all of this music contains lyrics. So even if you don't listen to music with lyrics while you write, you can at least listen to these when you have writer's block or if you're just editing. 

I hope you all have a good time listening to these tunes and writing.