39.

Melanie Stephen

Melanie Stephen

I enjoy spending any time I can get in with Jay. We were in the middle of watching 'Moana' and Miss Cali decided to fall asleep on us. I tapped Jay since she fell asleep in my arms and I didn't want to awake her.

"She's sleep." I whispered in his ear.

"Alright I'm about to get her babe." He whispered back and sat up. He stood and grabbed Cali and she stirred a little in her sleep, but stopped eventually.

"There's another room going through that door right there."

He nodded and disappeared into the guest room and I continued the movie until my phone buzzed. It was a message from Bridget from the group chat that we were in.

Bridget: Jules and I were thinking about decorating Nari's baby room while you were in the hospital...just a surprise 😊

Jules: of course you gave me a key to your place so we'll be very careful. We thought it was best for her to have her room at your condo instead of Miles' place since you guys are going through your issues. We brought in Michael also to help since he's great with decorating also.

Yeah that's perfectly fine. I can't wait to see what it looks like 😛. Of course I have some things on baby registry so you guys know what I wanted in her room. Thanks a lot!

"You aight?" Jay asked as he took the seat next to me.

"Mhm I'm okay. Are you okay?" I asked him as I leaned into his arms, taking in the smell of his cologne.

"I'm fine but why you not at home with Miles?"

"Argument. Again. I'm starting to get really fed up with this shit honestly. I mean he's not even trying he doesn't care about me anymore." I mumbled.

He grabbed ahold of my hand and entangled it with his. His pretty light brown eyes connecting with mine.

"I care about you enough to know what's best for you. I don't want you to go back to him just stay here and I'll be here with you after Nari is born."

"You promise?" I asked inching closer to his face. He pressed his lip against mine and pulled back.

"I promise beautiful." He mumbled and rubbed his thumb against my chin. I let a tear roll down my cheek and quickly wiped it away.

"Thanks for being here for me." I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder. He used his free hand and rubbed my tummy and Nari kicked at his touch.