Chapter 7

Katelyn's POV

The sun just about blinded me as I slowly opened my eyes.

I smiled as I felt the warm comforter against my skin.

Yawning and stretching my arms, I took my time sitting up.

I ran my hand through my tangled hair as I looked around the room.

Something was missing.

Chandler's luggage was gone. And so was Chandler.

Confused and slightly alarmed, I quickly got out of bed and started looking around.

After confirming that he wasn't in the hotel room, I quickly got dressed and carelessly threw my hair up in a ponytail before leaving.

I looked everywhere. He wasn't in the gym, the pool, or having breakfast with everyone else.

Getting angry, I went back up to the hotel room and got my phone.

I paused my quick actions went I saw my lock screen. It was a picture of Chandler and I. He was hugging me from behind as I held onto his arms, our mouths both wide open in laughter. Gray had taken the picture for us. We decided we wanted to be as cheesy as possible.

I smiled a little before snapping out of it and unlocking my phone, going straight to my speed dial.

I hit the 2nd one and put the phone to my ear.

It rang for a while. When I was certain he wasn't gonna pick up, I heard a click and a faint, "Hey."

After a moment, I spoke up. "Chandler?"

"Hey," he simply repeated. It didn't sound like he was happy. It didn't seem like he was mad, either. He just sounded...sad.

For some reason, it angered me.

"You said we would talk in the morning," I got out, not even trying to hide the resentment.

There was a moment of silence before I heard him mumble, "I changed my mind."

"Mhm, yeah, I got that," I said, my tone not changing.

"I'm just trying to do what's best for you," he told me.

"Oh, my God, Chandler!" I yelled. "Stop acting like you know what's best for me. You obviously don't know, because if you did, you would be here, because it's you that's best for me!"

All I heard was silence for a minute before he sighed.

"I should go," he said simply.

All of my anger suddenly fizzing away, I said weakly, "Chandler, don't."

I heard him whisper something before the phone clicked.

"Chandler," I repeated. "Chandler!!"

Finally, I threw my phone down on the floor and sat on the bed, burying my face in my hands.

I had to force down tears because I knew what he had whispered before he hung up.

Moments before the click, I swore I heard, "I love you."

---------------------------------------------
Author's Note: Am I the only one that's getting a really strong The Best of Me vibe from this?