Evie

Her hair sat at her shoulders, her eyes shined a bright blue, and her small hands brushed her hair from her eyes. Her hair was blonde, her skin tan, her body small and petite, but her breast were big and perky. Her laugh was sweet and innocent but you could tell she was laughing at something heartless. She wore tight white t-shirts that she cut extra short, that she never wore a bra under. Her jeans were straight out of the 90's and were ripped to hell. Her face was covered with freckles and she wore a gold hoop in her nose. Her hands wore tons of different style rings, and her arms were stacked with bracelets. Her voice sounded just like the movie star Joey Lauren Adams, sweet and nice but was always saying things of filth and sin. I longed to hear my name come from that voice of sin that was cloaked in innocence. I guess I would be lying if I said I had never heard her speak my name, but she had never said it the way I dreamed of. I dreamed of it being full of passion and want. I dreamed of it being full of adoration and care. I dreamed of it saying; "I love you."

    She held a lit cigarette between her two shaking fingers. She brought it to her rose lips and inhaled the smoke into her small lungs.

    "Hey." I said as I stood behind her on the stairs. The full moon glowed upon her soft hair and tan knees that showed through her ripped jeans. She turned her head, smiled, and blew out smoke as a greeting. "Can I sit?' She shrugged and I sat down next to her.

    "You want a cigarette?" She said poking me with one.

    "Sure." I took it from her hand and she light it for me. I took a drag and blew out the smoke as I stared at her. She looked back at me, winked, and started to laugh. "What?" I asked concerned I did something wrong.

    "You're funny, you know that?" She said smiling one of her big famous smiles. "I'm Evie."

    "I know. We have a couple of classes together." I said gesturing with the cigarette she gave me.

    "Sorry I don't recognize you, I'm usually really high in class." She said with a laugh. "I should though, with all your tattoos and stuff." She said gesturing towards my thin arms. "You're super beautiful too." I looked up at her and we locked eyes. Right then a car pulled up and she jumped to her feet. "This is me." She smiled. "See you around cutie." She winked. The car window rolled down and a man's head could be seen.

    "Hurry up babe!" He called, and my heart sunk.

    Evie threw the dressing room door open and stood in front of me radiating beauty. She wore nothing but a pink lacy bra and matching thong.

    "Is this cute?" She asked smiling her famous smile that I loved so much.

    "Beautiful."

    "But will Tate like it?" I could honesty care less if Tate would like it.

    "I don't know." I said handing her more lingerie in pastel colors.

    "You're such an ass hole some times," She laughed and slammed the door. I stood outside the door in the pink sparkling dressing room. "Can you come in here?" I opened the door and she stood topless. She was beautiful, an angel. "Can you lace up this corset?" I put on hands on her back and felt her breathing. "What are you waiting for silly?"

    "Stop." I said, regretting as I said it.

    "Stop what?" She turned to face me.

    "I know you feel things for me besides friendship."

    "That's crazy. I love Tate."

    "No you don't." We stared at each other in silence. Suddenly she lunged at me, our mouths smashed together. Not the perfect first kiss, but I would take it. The taste of cherry chapstick melted in my mouth as our tongues met.

    I walked on the cold stone floor of Evie's dad's huge mansion wearing no clothes. I felt the disgust and anger reach my stomach.

    "I'm leaving, I'll be back at six." She called from behind me. "Honey did you hear me? Hello?" I didn't respond. "What's wrong?" I turned around and threw the red lacy thong at her feet. "What are these?"

    "I don't know. There not yours, and for fucks sake they aren't mine!" I screamed feeling hot tears flood my eyes. She looked at her feet. "Look at me Evie!" She just kept staring at the damn floor. "For god sakes look at me bitch!"

    "Don't call me a bitch." She said finally meeting my eyes. Her blue eyes that usually were filled with joy, were filled with sadness and regret. "What do you want from me?"

    "What do I want from you? Some god damn truth, that's what! How dare you Evie! How dare you cheat on me with some whore?"

    "What did you expect? We started dating when I was still with Tate. You knew who I was, you knew what you were getting into."

    "What? Are you saying it's my fault that I gave you some credit and thought you weren't some whore? But I guess I was wrong for doing that. I guess you're nothing more than that, a whore." I stared at her with eyes that cut like knifes, and I could see them cutting her up.

    "Don't call me that! You know Tate called me that when he left. You know that word hurts me." Mascara ran down her face like war paint.

    "That's what I want! I want you hurt you like you hurt me!"

    "I didn't mean to!" She screamed through sobs.

    "Fuck you. Fuck you, you cheap bitch." I turned and walked away from the mess I called Evie.

    "Don't leave me! Please. Please, Hannah. I love you." There it was what I wanted to hear, but just like the way she use to say my name it wasn't filled with the meaning I dreamed of. It was empty.