Chapter 4

A picture of Zachary

Zach's POV

I felt my heart thumping loudly against my chest. I wiped off the sweat that was beading down my face with the back of my hand. My breaths coming out in short and quick pants. Inhaling a lot more oxygen than usual, I began to eye my opponent's every move. The key to winning a fight is to find out your opponent's weakness. Which is by the end of the fight at least.

I watched the bulky sized guy in front of me, his thick muscular arms
flexing every now and then. He probably thought I'd be intimidated by the veins popping out of his arms.

I began to mentally list down everything I knew about Mr.Bulky so far.

1. This guy was way over his head.
2. Too much confidence
3. His arms were his strength
4. He limped on his right foot when he walked in. Gotcha

My eyes involuntarily aimed at his abdomen. I was trying to fool him into thinking that I was aiming for somewhere other than his right foot.

He looked at me in a challenging gaze and that was all it took to spark the fire in my wolf. It was as if the beast inside me was clawing its way out to rip off Mr.Bulky's head. It took me a lot of strength to calm my wolf. I needed to show my people that my wolf and my emotions do not have control over the decisions that I make. Just as I was about to tackle him to the ground, someone's voice made myself halt in my steps. Of course it has to be Kent, who else would it be.

"Your Highness the king has ordered me to fetch you. He says there is something he wishes to discuss with you" he looked as if he ran all the way from my dad's office to the training ground.

"Very well then" I said to him and turned to Mr.Bulky "You're off the hook this time Ben." I smirked "Next time..there won't be a next time for you"

With that I strolled off all the way to the pack house with Kent hot on my heels. I didn't need a bodyguard. I could take down thirty men in my wolf form and probably around ten in human form all in one go. But my dad insists that I should be protected at all times despite the circumstances. Something about the next in line to the throne was always in danger. He even says that the moon goddess appoints a Royal Protector every time a new king takes the throne.

I made up my mind a long time ago, when that dude appears for my coronation, I'm going to make him pack his bags and leave, the same day he's appointed. But if he's too persistent on staying, I'll just have to kill him.

The walk to the pack house barely lasted five minutes. I repeat the walk. I wonder why Kent was panting. Its not like we went for a run. This is why I don't want a protector. Thirty two years of being a protector, yet he's still unfit.

I now stood in front of a white building  that could easily fit a hundred people. But it didn't.

The only people who lived there were my dad, his second mate(royals get a second mate when their mate dies), the Royal Beta and his family, the Royal Gamma and his family and of course dad's Royal Protector which is Kent by the way.

The double doors of the pack house suddenly burst open, revealing an angry looking Rose.

"ANDREW I SWEAR TO THE GODDESS ABOVE IF YOU RUIN IT I'll MURDER YOU WITH MY BARE HA- oh um Your Highness didn't see you there" she bowed her head curtly as a sign of respect. I kinda got used to all the 'Your Highness' stuff since that's what I've been called ever since I was born.