1

It is 3 a.m. and I can't sleep. I was reading some blogs just to pass the time and then I found this article about a student living her dream in USA for the summer. It got my attention instantly because USA was always my dream. I was a kid when I fall in love with New York and that's why I learnt English since kindergarten. I never expected to actually go there because it is very hard. I needed a visa and a lot of money, it seemed impossible so I never hoped for that to happen. The article was about a Romanian student that entered a program called work&travel USA. All you needed to get into the program was to be a student, know English well and have money to get started. After you started the program, the agency will help you find a job and after you get the job you will have your visa interview and you will find out if you get accepted or not. This sounds interesting but still.. I am not a bright student and my grades are not that good. I also think that my English is not that good because I never practiced it with anybody. I don't think I will ever get accepted.. but maybe I can try? What do I have to lose?
I search for more details on the internet and I am getting more and more excited about this. There are a lot of students who did it, why not me? I'm surprised I never knew about this program before.
After reading everything that I found about the program I decided to talk with my father in the morning to ask for his opinion. I can't do it without him anyway, I need 2500$ and I don't have a job because I'm at the university all the time. I fall asleep dreaming about me in New York where I always wanted to be..