Chapter 1

My phone's currently ringing and I'm trying to decide if I should allow it to keep ringing or if I should pick it up. Before I can make up my mind the ringing stops and I smile to myself thanking god that i don't have to wake up completely yet. Huge mistake that was because soon after, my phone starts to ring again.

"God, why do people have to ruin my life every time I think it's going well?" I ask myself while rolling over on my back to reach for my phone which is currently on the floor charging. I unplug it and press the 'answer call' button.

"Hello?" I say, my voice coming out deeper than usual . "Hey Anova, sorry, did I wake you?" I hear my bestfriend reply. "Yeah you did actually, but it's whatever now. I would've woken up sooner or later even though i would've preferred later."

He chuckles slightly, "Well now that you're awake, get dressed because i'm taking you out today." "Where are we going?" I ask curiously opening my eyes. "You'll see when we get there, I'll be there in an hour. Be ready and dress casual." With that being said he hung up and left me no time to reply.

Soon after I finished scrolling through my news feed on instagram and checking my social media, I got up to take a shower and do my daily routine. After I was done showering and brushing my teeth I put my robe on and walked towards my closet to decide on what I wanted to wear today. When looking through my closet I find a cute light pink long sleeved cropped shirt and a pair of dark denim shorts.

I quickly put my undergarments on after I take my robe off. I hear my stomach growl reminding me that I haven't ate anything since I've woken up. I grab my phone and my robe, sprinting down the stairs and walk into the kitchen. I get the ingredients i need from the refrigerator to make scrambled eggs with bacon and buttered toast. As I'm making my breakfast I connect my bluetooth speaker to my phone and scroll through my playlist to choose a song. I finally settle on 'Love on the Brain' by Rihanna and put my phone down to continue making my food.

A couple of minutes later I hear the door closing against the door frame but I ignore it knowing that it's Joshua, my best friend. I hear him set his keys down on the island in the middle of the kitchen and soon he's next to me with my phone in his hand, pausing the music then disconnecting the bluetooth.

"Really A? I gave you an hour to get ready and when I get here you are in the kitchen in your robe." He says disappointingly . "Sorry. While I was getting ready my stomach talked to me and told me I was hungry. Now who am I to tell myself that I'm not hungry?" I say while turning off the stove and putting my food on my plate. "Let's go upstairs so I can get ready while i'm eating and then maybe you can tell me where you are taking me." I say with a pointed look. "I'm not going to tell you so don't ask and hurry up, we should have left already." "Fine Josh." I reply.

When we get to my room I set my plate down on my desk and walk towards my bed where my outfit is laid out. I take off my robe and put my shorts on after my shirt, I then walk over to my silver dresser drawer where my socks are and I slip them on while hopping to my desk to eat some of my food. "Anova hurry up please. You're taking forever. I honestly don't know why I even bother taking you anywhere." Joshua complained while looking at me struggling to multi task. "Neither do I." I whisper .

"Alright. I'm done we can go now." I say while tying my black converse. "Okay, grab your things and I'll meet you outside." He replies while walking out of my room. Jesus whats wrong with him today, I think to myself. Hes usually so happy and talkative. Putting my thoughts aside I grab my purse with my wallet, chapstick, lipgloss and charger inside. Then I go to my desk and grab my phone and the plate I just ate my food on. I walk to the kitchen and set the plate in the dishwasher then I grab my keys and walk out. I make sure the door is locked before I leave even though I live in a really nice neighborhood and nothing ever happens here.

I see Joshua waiting for me in his black BMW convertible with his shades on. I get into the car and put my seat belt on. He starts the car and begins to drive down the street and into the highway. Soon I get tired of the silence in the car and I turn the radio on. 'Car Radio' by Twenty One Pilots was playing and I turned it up while silently humming the words to the song.

After what feels about 3 hours of driving but in reality is 45 minutes, I start to ask questions. "Josh, are we there yet cause honestly my legs fell asleep 20 minutes ago and it looks like we are lost." I say while looking around seeing that there's nothing but dirt and sand around. He snorted really loudly and said, "Took you long enough, I think that's a new record for you. But we are actually here." I role my eyes and ignore his comment. Looking to my right I see there's an old fashioned diner.

After he parks in front of the diner I step out of the car and walk to the front door. When I open the door, a fresh breeze of air hits my face making me feel a lot cooler. I glance around to see some of the football team and cheerleaders from our school were sitting at a booth. I raise my eyebrows questioning why they're here as well and as if he was reading my mind Joshua says "They invited me and I didn't want to come without you."