Inkspell

Ruien, a quiet and peaceful kingdom.

That is until now.

Im Thatcher Creed, son of the blacksmith in the kingdom. I have quite a reputation for myself,Hauling grain stacks for the women, and forging weapons with my Papa.

But now the kingdom is crumbling to pieces. Why, you ask? The Inkspell, thats why.

The Inkspell is a horrible spell that was cast by Koreos. He was a respected member of the Ruien guild, that is until he murdered the Guild Leader's son.

He was kicked out and for years hes been seeking revenge. Well, i guess he got that. Its only been three days and one tenth of the population of the kingdom is already dead.

Some of those people i knew. some were very close to my heart. My Mum died just days ago from pneumonia. That's what most of us are suffering from. Especially since its Winter and most homes are already destroyed.

My Papa comes into his heat press room and begins to warm the coals. It takes him a bit, but he gets a good spark going.

The pit swirls with blazing orange light. Its so nice to see such an amazing colour, especially after what's been going on in Ruien.

My papa offers me a cup of Hot Cocoa, and I blow on it softly until its cool enough to drink.           And then i hear it A frantic yell outside from one of the guards, Talise. She instructs everyone to take shelter in the closest house they could.

Its another raid.

I hear a cannon shot, and dozens of pepole are lowered from  the sky. Some carry knifes, others scrolls, and some of them have their bare fists. Me and my Papa stare in terror as they zip down the lines and onto the cobblestone path.

Shrieks and screams are all that is heard from  the outside. A woman near our door is tugging at a raider to get her baby back, and it falls and cracks its head open on the ground.

I cover my eyes at the sight. How could someone be so cruel? What is wrong with these guys. Why would they want revenge.

I open my eyes and peek out our small and solid window. And thats when i see  it. A small girl about my age with a crowd of at least ten raiders around her.

Shes wearing jewels.

And then the most amazing thing happens. She uppercuts one in the face and flips over him and onto the next raider. The others are quite struck with fear, but some still challenge the fourteen year old girl.

After she finishes her job, she looks around and lets out a puff of breath. The strange girl puts her hand in her pocket, and lets out a relieving sigh.

Something valuable?

I make note to find this girl tomorrow. I need to ask her a question. I need to get to know this amazing girl of war.

My Popa takes my mug from me and sets it on a little tray. He refills it, and walks back over to give it to me.

I say thank you and begin to sip once more. I must have tilted the cup to far, because the gooey liquid flows all through my mouth, scalding my toung.

I quickly walk over to our pipe system and pump out fresh cold water from our well. Theres some little specks of ash in it, but other than that the water is perfectly unsoiled.

I rinse it around my mouth until i can feel the pain relieve. With this problem out of the way, i have another one. Where is this girl?

The next day i wake, i completely remember the task. I quickly get dressed and rush out the door as soon as possible.

My Popa looks at me funny, then closes his eyes and shakes his head. Is he unhappy with me going outside in Ruien? Maybe i should go back..

The girl is at my doorstep.

" Hi ", She says. " Im Eraes Fore"

" The kingdom is in peril", i quickly say back.

" I know that silly ", Eraes replies.  " C'mon lets chat. "

Me and Eraes go inside my house and talk for awhile. Eraes describes who she was and what her cause was to helping the kingdom regain control. She wants to overthrow the empire going against us, but she needs a partner to help her do it.