Chapter 1:

Over the Rainbow

WARNING: MAY CONTAIN EXPLICIT LANGUAGE BEWARE‼‼

Chapter 1:

         Summer 2k13.  It’s the summer of change, I can feel it.  I’m on my way to Camp Maple Tree, the same camp I’ve been going to for 3 years now. This summer is going to be different, I just know it! Maybe I’ll get to kiss my crush Kyle. I’ve always had a thing for him.

I climbed into the car, trying to make myself as comfortable as possible for the drive up. Were about 8 hours away so I’m just going to plug in my headphones and listen to the beat. My favorite song Thrift Shop is blasting through the small earphones. All I can think about is Kyle, I know how much he loves this song... how his hair flows in the wind, how he bites his lip. Ohhh how I miss him.

Well besides how flawless Kyle is, I am also psyched to see my best friend Emily. Everyone calls her Em for short. We came to Maple Tree the same year and we’ve been besties ever since. Her and I are like two peas in a pod, two very dis-functional peas might I add.

My volume is on full blast and I cant hear anything my mother is saying. My mom keeps nudging me but I don’t notice. All that’s on my mind is Kyle. My mother Addison Hayes is a very sweet woman. But my mom is awesome and I love her to death! I suddenly snap out of my trance to my mother screaming, “LUCY WHAT THE HELL ANSWER ME!” As soon as I hear her tone I snatch out my headphones and mutter, “What were you saying again mom?” “What do you want from Starbucks?” I finally realize that we were arriving at Starbucks (my favorite place on earth!) I told her “My usually a Venti double chocolate chip frap with extra chips please!”