Chapter Eighteen

The sickening gray all around you almost made you dizzy. There was nothing for miles. Based on the title, you would have assumed it be full of Flowers. But there was just emptiness. You look up at Error, who is still holding up the stiff pose. You grab his arm and shake it.

"Error, why are we here?"

You ask, your voice shaking slightly from the fear. There was a thick cloud of dust, and it reeked of death. It made you extremely uncomfortable. You find yourself now regretting asking about the Secret. About that flower.

And then it hits you. You nightmare had been about a yellow, talking flower. And this place was called Flowertale. Did that mean he was here?

Right on que, a flower exactly like the one you had seen before popped out of the gray earth.

"Howdy! Wow, Error. Is this you saying you're giving her to me? After all this time? Never thought you'd pull through!"

Error gritted his teeth. The flower had a smile so innocent you could tell it was fake. And every now-and-then, the cloud of dust filtered over, distorting his face a little. Beneath the mask of a smile he wore, you could see a smile splattered with hatred and blood. You hold on tighter to Error.

"N-no, Flowey. I-I'm here t-to destroy your U-universe."

"Oh, wow! But, you can't do that, can you?"

His eyes flick to you.

"...Not on your on, at least."

Error moves his hand into yours, holding on tightly. His other hand sends strings all around, latching onto the universe's boundaries itself. He whispers into your ear,

"G-get ready, B-buttercup. T-this is g-g-going to take a l-lot of p-power."

Flowey just smiles, the sinister side of him flickering into view more often, until all you can see is that wretched smile.

"Don't do it, Error."

"I w-will."

"F-for Y-y/n"