Nylon

~

Thankful for the sudden red light, I graciously took the time given to put my car in temporary "park" and got out my seat to lean over and readjust Leannsa's carseat belt.

For the past 2 minutes I've been peeping through my rearview mirror how it was slowly but surely riding up her fragile little chest. Baby boo was too focused on the new Wonder Pets movie playing on the DVD player on the car's ceiling to notice.

It was honestly the cutest thing watching her suck on her Power Rangers pacifier without a care, (a gift from an uncle with a certain ZAP! tattoo), little brown mice animated booties kicking up in the air in excitement whenever Lenny, Tuck, and Ming Ming found a distressed animal friend. She didn't even know that in maybe 10 seconds she could suffocate to death. After 7 hours of labor, over my dead body. Plus I'm already saving money for her wedding since Harry already paid for her tuition for college. How, I'm still trying to fathom my damn self. But I really shouldn't be surprised when a man rents all of bloody Disney World just because his daughter is 2 months old.

I'm honestly terrified but rather curious as to what he's going to do when she turns 16.

Guess I'll be finding out in 15 years and some months!

I tugged gently on the polyester strap since I didn't want to cause harm to Lee who now seemed to find me more interesting then Lenny who was currently singing a song about blueberries.

Blowing a quick kiss her way, she began to thrust her feet against my inner arm like a maniac at the sudden attention I was giving her and started to giggle continuously when I would huff in agitation at this crap not budging even an inch.

It's like it was made out of metal and not Nylon!

"Fucking shitballs man, what type of shit-" I bit down on my bottom lip to control my arising anger, now remembering that I was on the street and I couldn't have more than 10 seconds until the light turned green.

I sneaked a quick peak at the exuberant child in front of me and wiggled my eyebrows suggestively.

"Don't tell your padre what I just said unless you want him to go into early cardiac arrest. I know you remember what happened last time." I chuckled under my breath, reminiscing how last week I let out the "motherlucker" word as Harry so calls it while on Skype, because I jammed my freaking big-toe into the wooden bedpost and glanced up at the perfect second when he almost fell out his seat in shock. That shit made my damn day, even Leann laughed!

But of course, I couldn't say a "diseased" word like that around children, or babies in Leannsa' case, and so Anna was told to take her away so he could give me the same talk I get every time I cursed. Since cursing is basically my lifestyle, I knew this whole sermon by heart to the point where sometimes I'd say it with Harry which for some reason flatters him to the core that I actually memorized it. But of course that doesn't let me off the hook where he'll stop and give me a computerized slap on the hand so I could go take a nap.

Nah.

He continues.

The man is only 24 but has the mentality of a grandfather. So if I'm really not in the mood to hear the whole 45 minute gospel sermon about "how cursing is bad for our child" and that "it will cause her to go bedlam and turn into a juvenile woman", I'll just tease him to get his mind off the subject. It's really amusing seeing Harry blush and stutter like a schoolboy when I suddenly feel as if Miami's sun is aiming right at me so I have the horrible "urge" to take off my jacket which always has a rather enlightening tank-top underneath.

~~

"Profanity is jjust not a good ttthing to hhave when rararaising a chachach-" I raised an eyebrow as I pulled off my favorite gray jacket over my head, ruffling my curls a bit then looking up to see the father of my child's eyes looking anywhere but me. I didn't even have to lean into the vivid HD screen to see the teeny sweat drops forming by the second all around his flawless face. Good thing he wasn't paying attention to me because if he was, he would've been suspicious of the growing smirk on my face.