One Day, Someday.

(A/N: This story has been revised and edited from my account on Aff, so if you had read the original one from that account and are worried I stole the work...don't. XD I'm the original author and wanted to have this save here just in case I have to take down my other account soon.  Oh and for new readers who have somehow stumbled into this mess of a fanfic: This is a SHINee-centered fic so it would help if you know who they are first before you read this, although it's not necessary.  Oh! And one more thing: Kimchi= common korean dish, Hyung= older brother (only used between males). So that's about it, please excuse my rambling, and my inexperience with this site xD Don't be afraid to comment and critique! Also this contains Yaoi content so...read it if you like, hit that little back arrow if you don't. Seriously, hate comments are pointless so just continue on your way.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Kim Kibum first met Kim Jonghyun when his slim, pale fist slammed into the elder’s jaw.  Kibum had recently turned eleven, and Jonghyun twelve, and both boys had just begun a new school year at one of Busan’s run down, lesser known middle schools.   The school’s property was ringed by a rusty metal fence that was often better at letting kids out then in.  The windows were molded and cracked, cement walkways worn, and the center courtyard (home to a few clumps of dying trees and vandalized flower pots) was possibly the main attraction for the school.  There was nothing particularly interesting about the courtyard, but it was often a spot for brawls and debates and the like, and being the adrenaline-rushed kids that they were this place fascinated the population, save teachers and staff of course. 

So no, it wasn’t a surprise when a small freshman decided to take on one of the older kids in that same courtyard.  But it should be noted that the small crowd that gathered to watch the fight were indeed interested as to how such an effeminate student had ended up in this fight in the first place.

“Little punk, what’s gotten into your head?” Jonghyun had grabbed the collar of Kibum’s, lifting the small boy until only by tip-toeing did the tips of his Converse reach the ground.  Jonghyun was shocked that the small boy could pack such a hard punch, the corner of his jaw stinging and red.  Kibum smirked, before shrugging.

“Somebody has to lower your keep you in check and lower your ego. I’m mildly surprised you’re not dating yourself” Was Kibum’s only response.  And although Jonghyun only became more pissed off with his words, he couldn’t help but think that maybe this guy had more to offer than it seemed. And yes, Jonghyun may have been egotistical at times, but he wasn’t half bad looking and he wasn’t about to let that fact go unnoticed around school.

“I suggest you never become a therapist.” Jonghyun hissed in Kibum’s ear, roughly shoving the other boy back and walking calmly away from the center of the courtyard.  Kibum’s warm brown eyes twinkled with mirth as he watched his elder walk off.

“See you later then hyung!” he shouted over the confused chatter of the onlookers.  Jonghyun refused to turn around, but let a small smile show on his face.

Maybe he isn't half bad, they thought.

        Kibum once again straightened his tie, a nervous habit he picked up over the years in his middle school.  He was sitting in the middle of the school’s small, but usable, auditorium awaiting his hyung’s music performance.  He had never actually heard Jonghyun sing before, but rumors around the campus said he was one of the best in the music program.  As Kibum lifted his right hand to repeat his usual habit, a gentle hand caught his wrist and lowered it back down to his lap. Kibum’s eyes traveled upwards, meeting Jonghyun’s smiling face.