Chapter 1

"Hey, come look at this!"
"Is it another supposably valuable frozen rock"
"No!" joey exclaims, "This time I've found..., something."
"There is a reason why we never came back after we left this god forsaken wasteland 100 years ago."
"Well it looks like an arm."
"An arm joey? You can't be serious, there is no way that it's an arm... Pete come look There's an arm!" Joey groans. "Pete, you help joey unbury the body and I'll call in to report we found something."
"Sure Cal. You go call and leave us to do the work."
"Yep" Cal ducks around the corner dodging a well-aimed snowball from Pete. "Alexis..."
"Hi Cal, what's up?"
"Well we uhh we found something unusual."
"Unusual how?"
"well we found a body," Cal peeks around the corner. "from what's out so far in looks as if part of it is made of metal."
"Oh..., well bring it in and Steve and I can analyse it."
"Sure." *Click*
"Ok guys, let's bring it in."

"Alexis! Why did they call in?"
"Well professor they say that they've found a body."
"Yes that is to be expected, it was attacked before we deserted it."
"But Steve, they said it was partially metallic"
"They found him!"
"Who?"
"Who?! They must have found Cable."
"Who?"
"Really? You have been in this rebellion for how long now, 7 years? And you never once thought to look up the past scientists or commanders that paved the way for me and you."
"So this ...'cable' was a scientist here before you?"
"No no! Cable was my father's creation. H-"
"Creation!?"
"Yes as I was sayi-"
"your father created a person/ robot?"
"No! If you would let me finish" Alexis looks away sheepishly. "Ok So I never met Him but from what my father said, he was a formidable opponent, his mechanical limbs and eye were quite primitive by today's standards but they certainly gave him the edge back then."
"Was... Did your father experiment on humans?" Alexis exclaims disgusted.
"No. He only did this Because Cable asked him to. Ok so it all started back when my dad was only 17." Alexis goes and sits down facing Professor Steve "No-one knows Cables real name, or anything of his life before the incident. From what I can infer he was a quite energetic and adventurous child, when he was 12 he was found dragging himself along the ground with only one arm, our soldiers were patrolling when they heard a landmine go off. rushing towards the sound they found him, half dead only adrenaline keeping him conscious. Steve (senior) was out walking at the time and also ran towards the blast, the last words that escaped Cable's lips were 'Do whatever you can, use me as an experiment if you must, just remember...' Steve had to do major surgery, his missing limbs had to be replaced organs and muscles swapped with gears and motors, my father told me that the only thing he complained about was having to drink a litre of oil a day, it's got an acquired taste y'know"
"that was very enlightening but what will we do with him when they get here?"

*Knock Knock Knock*