A Moment Like This

It was a wet and stormy night; I lied there, cuddling into my pillow, trying desperately to fall asleep because I had to go to school the next day. I slowly fell asleep thinking about what tomorrow would bring.

It was the first day back after the Christmas Holidays; my Christmas wasn’t bad but didn’t want to say anything because i didn’t want to ruin the joy in the people around me.  The atmosphere was like birds flying through the air, peaceful but annoying. I could see everyone hugging their friends which they hadn’t seen for weeks, my friend hadn’t shown up yet, but we did have some sleepovers over the holidays, so we didn’t miss each other that much.  

Rebecca then arrived, she’s my best friend and we have been like sisters from a very young age. I told Rebecca about how me and Sam were going, my boyfriend, and she ginned. Then she told me about her massive crush on this boy called Ben Pryer, I gave a massive cheesy smile, she signed. I looked at her and stated ‘you’re perfect, Ben would love you.’ She smiled and happily spoke ‘thank you.’

A few moments later we strolled into class, Miss Hill turned around and shouted, ‘Where have you two been? This is English, you shouldn’t be late. Get out.’ Rebecca and I slowing pondered out to the corridor where we had to wait for our teacher to come out and blah blah blah about how we should be early and learn to behave and all that rubbish. We never listen.

She came out about 30 minutes later, she said about us misbehaving and that we’re not allowed to be late again or we get a detention. Rebecca and I just giggled to each other whilst she went on and on. She loudly shouted and interrupted our giggles, ‘right, my room, 1 o’clock.’ We sighed and spoke, ‘yes miss.’ She really did know how to annoy us.

After a minute or two she escorted us back into the room and told us to sit down and apologised to the rest of the class. We didn’t have much of a lesson left but oh well, we never liked English anyway. We then went on with the rest of the day been the mischiefs we always were.

It was now 1 o’clock, we were debating whether to go to the detention or not. We decided not to go, probably the worst decision ever. We pondered down the corridor, and after walking around for what seemed like forever we eventually sat down in the art corridor, because we used to sit there every lunch. We started to chat about M.A.D, we would just start to fan girl in the corridor. They were literally our world, that’s all we talked about every day, this is the band the boy Rebecca is crushing on is in, Ben Pryer. The Ben Pryer. Even though I had a boyfriend I still loved the boys with all my heart, especially Aiden. Aiden was my life. But me and Sam had been together for like forever, well, it seemed like forever anyway. We’d actually only been together for like 8 months. It was serious. Me and Rebecca started to talk about when we are seeing them, we couldn’t wait to meet them and see their beautiful faces.  We giggled and smiled at the thought of it. It came to the end of lunch and we rushed to last lesson because it was our favourite and we had to be on time sometimes. 

It came to the end of the lesson, as me and Rebecca was walking about our teacher called us back. She was pleased with our progress and determination towards the subject; we let out a sigh of relief. We walked out of the classroom, down the corridor and towards the buses, me and Rebecca go on different buses so we said bye and said we’d talk on facebook or something. I got on my bus said hello to the bus driver; went and sat in my usual seat. The bus began to leave.

I got off at the first stop, said goodbye to the bus driver and walked for about 5 minutes before I came across my house. I stumbled in and politely said hello to my family and went to my room. This was a normal routine I guess. I straight away turned on my computer and looked at facebook, twitter etc. nothing important on any of them. I went on twitter and re tweeted all the boys’ tweets like I always do, to see a tweet from Aiden, it said ‘Cuddles are all nice and cute.....But when the kissing starts. Well..’ I just melted. I just wanted to be with him, but I couldn’t hurt Sam. I tweeted him saying how much I loved him and a few little funny symbols. HE FOLLOWED ME NOT LONG AFTER! I cried and cried because I was so over the moon, he made me feel noticed and so happy. I told Rebecca and she was so happy for me. I didn’t know what to do, but of course I did dm him lots but he never replied.

I was on facetime to Rebecca when Sam starting having a go at me, about Aiden and the band. I obviously stood up for them and always will. We fell out over it and didn’t speak for a few days. It was over. I was sad in school and stuff but didn’t say anything because I didn’t want to seem dramatic. I told Aiden over twitter and he thanked me and said that I shouldn’t have stood up for him. I replied saying that I wanted to stand up for him and how he and Sam made me feel. Aiden wrote back saying how much he loved me and how he couldn’t wait to meet me to thank me. I replied with that I didn’t have vip tickets so I couldn’t meet him. He said don’t worry about that and that he’ll be there, not performing obviously but still there and that I could go and see him. I replied with that I’d be the happiest girl ever. I didn’t tell Rebecca about this because I wanted to surprise her with a Ben moment. She was going to be over the moon.