There's Magic In The Air

I wish you all a very merry Christmas!!!

Hope you enjoy this little thing I wrote for you :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yelling and laughter echoed through the living room.

I crawled on the carpet only to be stopped by a pair of tiny hands and a small smiling face.

"Oh, you caught me!" I dusted my hands off and held Jan.

"Ahmy!" I kissed both of his chubby cheeks.

Jan did not speak yet, but his attempts at calling for Tom and me were always sweet. I stood up and saw Una playing on her phone with Günther, who enjoyed his favourite part of every morning; sitting down with my assistant and asking for games.
I did not know how she did it, every Monday she had a new game on her phone and they always became a hit with him.

"Where's Lena?" I wondered.

"She is painting." Gun said absentmindedly.

"Painting where?"

Una looked around with Günther complete distracted on her lap. She pointed at the back and I sighed, of course she would be at the bottom of the stairs.
I walked there with Jan holding a handful of fabric from the collar of my sweater and saw Lena in her pink dress, sitting right where I thought I would find her.

"Daddy ?" She pointed up at the staircase.

I felt my heart sink inside my chest. Tom was still on tour, I knew we were used to having him home by now, but the guys had decided to wrap up their tour before the new year and that meant we were probably not going to see him until Christmas Eve.

I sat down next to her and put Jan up to put him back down in my lap.

"Baby, Daddy is not home," I grabbed her small chin softly and watched her bottom lip quiver with the overwhelming disappointment of a three year old, "but we can call him..."

Lena's cute little face turned red and she started crying, holding back nothing as she started sobbing.

"Oh, baby..." Those three kids could really pull on my heartstrings.

I held on to Jansen and pulled Lena closer. She immediately put her arms around me as far as she could reach and cried on my chest while Jan joyously sucked on his thumb.

I had to juggle with my babies to stand up and go back to the living room. Una looked up and asked what was happening. I had to explain to her that Lena was hoping to see Tom walk down the stairs.

Even on her birthday I was reminded that Lena was a big daddy's girl when I mentioned the word "birthday" and she asked for him, she wanted a hug from him but this tour was taking very long and she did not get what she wanted. After a very long conversation in front of the iPad screen, Lena ended up crying and of course, Jan being the younger brother followed her suit. Soon Gunther was hugging them both, although he was very young too, he was also the sweetest older brother. The two of us managed to get them to smile again and I heard from Georg that Tom took it just as bad.

I could not let this go on...our Christmas tree was already shining in the corner, presents for mom and Fernando, for Simone and Gordon, Bill, Angie, Ally, Georg, Gustav, Linda, Sarah, Danny, Lily, Dasha... it was packed over there! All sizes and colors.