Chapter Three

"Hope you like pickles," Lexie enters through my window holding a pickle jar "They were Alex's favorite or should I say mine."

" The police say I shouldn't see you but I need to help you realize.." She says placing the jar on my dresser.

"Where were you?"

"On the roof waiting for you it's our favorite spot."

"No,it's mine and Alex's"

"You really are crazy."

"Lexie?!"

"My name is Alex, for crying out loud wake up, Rudy!"

Suddenly, the night of the party comes back. I tried to- I tried I tried to force her to... oh Lexie. I'm sorry. And Alex. Yes, Alex he came and stopped me.

"He is real, he's my best friend and he stopped me from hurting you." I say but my voice is unconvincing.

Lexie covers her face sobbing.

"Rudy, I forgive you! You don't have to make up some imaginary boyfriend!"

"No! He punched me and told my never to hurt you again!"
I screamed. I rush to the door closing and locking it.

"Rudy, you lost it that day.. you hit yourself and you started talking to yourself and all these habits!"

My heart shatters.

"But- the-the police" I stamper.

"Your father is chief of the police and he put this whole thing together thinking maybe if you thought "Alex" your imaginary friend died that maybe you'll move on"

That's how everyone knows me. I'm a nut job. It's because I'm crazy.

I become angry.

"Your lying!" I yell.

"Honey, are you okay?" Mom asked from the bedroom door.

"No, I'm not.. now please snap out of it and just please.."

My hand curls around her throat. Her eyes widen and her mouth opens in a silent scream. She's lying.

"Don't do it, Rudy." I hear Alex laugh.

"Your dead," I scream at him.

"Aren't we all," I hear Alex say.

Lexie claws at my arm but it's useless. She has to die.

"Rudy, open this door!" Dad yells banging on my bedroom door.

"Rudy," Lexie gasps.

" I'm sorry." I lift her off her feet running for my bedroom window and throwing her out.

I watch as she lets out a hoarse scream landing awkwardly surrounded by glass pieces.

"Why, Rudy." Alex asks.

"I'm sorry.."

Alex picks up a shard of glass pointing it at me. I back up to the wall. My head throbbing painfully. Oh no. Make it stop. Please.

"You know what I told you!" Alex screams coming toward me.

Dad kicks the door in. The glass digs into the skin of my wrist.

"Rudy! Put the glass down!"

I don't.