Happiness

Another one was killed.

This time, in the middle of the highway.

The body was found at exactly 2am. Her name was, Eugene Fustman. A twenty year old waitress at Fudger's Burgers near by the found body. The police is now searching for the serial killer who is calling himself Happiness.

Happiness kills people by torturing them. People say that he got his mind broke that there is no reason for his killing. He once caught in the CCTV camera in a mall kidnapping a ten year old girl while playing in the playroom. Happiness is dressed as a clown. When he kills someone, he'll draw a smile face using a knife in the victim's belly.

The ten year old girl's body was found in the parking lot near the mall. With her teeth off.

I am Arthur Dervenhood. Sixteen year old. And I am living with my family. I have a girlfriend, her name was Jessie.

Tonight I am just watching news while eating my dinner. I am alone eating dinner cause I just got home from my friend's house. I'm just worried about the people here in our place. That killer the police cannot touch? They say they did their best but they really can't find this guy.

Nowadays, people here are now scared of going out by night. Some are scared even by daytime. Their fear for Happiness is now locking them in their houses. But I'm not scared of him, I can go anywhere I want by night. That guy can't touch me.

While watching alone, as I swallow my food, I think I saw some image of a man by the window. I put the plate down and looked at it but I didn't saw anything.

"Hey! Who are you!" I shouted as I am looking by the window with it's curtains.

After a few minutes, while I'm watching still, I think I saw the man again. But this time, it's clear! He's outside and he's looking at me by the window! His red round nose made me see clearer that he's a clown! Is this Happiness?

I was going to shout at him but when he smiled at me with his big scary white eyes made my courage fall.

Then I didn't made a move, I covered myself with the blanket and think that I'm now gonna die. I put my hand out the blanket to reach my phone in the table. When I got it, I immediately called the police.

After a few seconds, I sneaked outside the blanket and when I saw he's gone, I shut the Tv off.

As the police came, my parents and my little sister woke up and asked me questions.

"Where? Oh my God! That's what I'm telling you! Starting from now on, You're grounded!" my mom was scolding me while my sister was just sitting in the couch staring me.

"I'm sorry mom."

"Now, you can't get out of this house without my permission!"

"Excuse me madame, can we please have your son? We will just ask questions" A police from the back was speaking while looking around.

"Go!" Mom just pushed me.

The police hold my shoulders and lead me outside where I saw Happiness.

"We can't see some footsteps here."

"I saw him! I really did! I saw his face!"

"Maybe it's just your imagination kid." The other police spoke and smirked

"But I really saw him! I swear!"

The police just went away leaving me in the place where I saw Happiness.

They talked to mom and they went away with their car.

I tried to look for clues but I really didn't find anything. So I decided to go inside.

As I opened the front door, I was expecting my mom will scold me again. But no, they were staring at something in the floor behind the sofa. And they looked at me

"Shennie saw this footprints here behind this sofa you seated." mom's eyes are worried and scared.

I went to them and looked at the floor. There were bloody footsteps here and he walked into the door at the kitchen, which is a door without a lock.

My moms jaw just dropped down while staring at it.

"Arthur." She whispered

So the clown I saw wasn't in the window that time. He's behind me. It's his reflection I saw in the window.

----to be continued