Shocked

Nancy De Campo's POV

After checking her wife's room, David, Shennie's dad, went outside quickly, came back and then he faints after looking at us through the door.

The cops quickly carried him into the emergency truck.

"Maybe he needs some sleep." A man walking from upstairs spoke wiping his eyeglasses and puts in on.

"Detective, Do you have an idea now where is their son"

A cop spoke to him.

"It is very obvious that only Happiness can do such thing like this. And I can see every murder he do, he take a single part of the body." He looks down for a sec, took a deep breath, and looked back at us, "I really can't beleive that Happiness is a teen."

Then we all looked each other when he smirked.

This is a weird detective, he can just laugh in his cases?

I was just sitting with Shennie while looking at him when suddenly, I got a phone call.

I stood up and went outside to answer the call.

"H-hello?"

"Nancy! What time will you be here?"

Oh it's Antonio, I forgot I was going to granny's house..

"Oh, Antonio, it's complicated. I will be there at," I looked at my watch and it's 8PM. "Maybe 8:30"

"Okay okay."

"See ya"

I asked the cop if they have some fuel and luckily they have, they gave it to me.

I turned the car on and made my way.

The road is dark and it's kinda scary because it is only one way. It is full moon tonight. I runned my hands through the cd's and picked one not even looking at it.

I listened to it and it's a country song.

I don't like country song that much but i liked this one.

Then a moment later, the player just shut down.

I felt a little fear from my bones because I am now alone in the middle of the road and cornfields at the sides.

"What happened?" I spoke to the player.

Then a silence passed by.

And then I shrugged when I hear some pained loud voice behind my car!

"NOOOOOO!"

I looked at the side mirror and I see a woman, all wet crawling in pain!

But this one scared me, I'm so afraid to go out so I made my way quickly leavibg her behind. In fact, I know she's a ghost!

*****

"Oh Nancy" My granny hugged me tightly.

"I thought you're coming earlier?" Antonio spoke.

I told them what really happened, about the murder about Happiness and they seem to understand me.

"Happiness again" My granny looked away

But I decided to cut the topic up.

I held granny's arms, "So, how's my granny?"

"I'm okay now."

"That's great!" I cheered and smiled at her lively.

Then Antonio cut off, "Nancy, It's already 10PM. I think you should stay here for the night, we have an extra room here."

"That would be cool Antonio!"

It's already midnight when I went to the room. I had fun with granny and Antonio in the living room.

This room is kinda cold. I see vases around. I remember when Shennie gave me a vase last christmas.

Then I lay down, and pulled the blanket up to my body.

I looked around the room. It's quiet here, no noisy highways. Not like at my apartment.

As I continue looking around, I saw a big painting at the side. It is in the yellow wall. The picture was a woman dressed in white and has a black ribbon on her arm. She looks beautiful. The painter must be so good! He painted it with perfection in every detail.

Looking at the painting, my eyes closed slowly until I fell asleep.

*****

When I woke up, I stretched my arms and went outside the room. I saw Antonio and Granny talking.

"Goodmorning Guys"

"Goodmorning Nancy" Antonio Answers.

I went in the bathroom to wash my face when I heard what Antonio and Granny was talking about.

"I remembered when she was walking outside and dancing gracefully every morning"

"Yeah, I really can't beleive she died"

Are they talking about Shennie's mom?

"Antonio, whom are you talking about? Shennie's mom? She dances every morning?"

"No" Granny answers

"We are talking about Becca." Antonio added

"Becca? Who's Becca?"

"She's the woman living in the neighbor house. Last Tuesday, she died. Some say she drowned herself in the lake. But it's really weird that her body was found in the middle of the road."

So I'm right, the ghost I saw last night.

Then granny stood up and took something from the cabinet "This is the ribbon she gave to me."

"Yeah, and Nancy, she's a crazy woman, she has ribbon in her arm everyday."

"So the painting inside the room I slept is her?" I asked them with a quite shock

"Painting?" Antonio rubbs his head

"Yeah, here" I walked through the room and I can see Antonio follows.

As I entered the room, I felt cold and I was shocked of what I saw!

My body remained stood while looking at it.

There is no painting in the wall. It's a window.

-to be continued