Heartbreak

Vanessa's POV

I sat on the floor of my room and leaned against the door, weak and crying.

I never thought in my whole life that Luis would cheat on me.

But he did.

...he exchanged me over his perfect ex-girlfriend.

What did I do to have such fate?! To have a boyfriend who would only hurt me in the end. I should've known, many people warned me about Luis, and I still gave in his charm and persuasive appearance.

He's a very beautiful man, in the outside. But in the inside, he's unfaithful. He freaking cheated on me!

Is it my fault, wasn't I good enough?

I stood up and threw myself onto the bed, crying my eyes out with a pillow.

Suddenly, my door flew open and there stood Natalie and Cora with pityful-looking faces.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Cora asked worriedly.

I wiped the tears away. "Heartbroken. Weak. Helpless. Vulnerable," I stated honestly.

Natalie sighed. "Don't worry, sweetheart. Everything's gonna be okay."

"I hope so."

I then noticed Cora's hands turn to fists. "I am so going to kill your ex-boyfriend," she mumbled through gritted teeth and clenched jaw.

She was about to get up from the bed when I stopped her. "Cora, stop. It's not even worth it," I muttered.

"But-"

"Nessa's right. Luis isn't worth it," Nat interrupted.

Cora nodded understandingly. "Maybe your right."

"I can't believe he'd cheat on me."

Nat rolled her eyes. "I can't believe it too. I mean, he was just so kind, sweet, and such a gentleman to you."

"He messed up," Cora commented.

"Obviously," Nat snorted.

I sighed. "I wish I can forget about him."

"Maybe you can," Nat suggested.

"How?" I questioned.

Cora said, "Nessa, you're forgetting something?"

I shot them a look full of confusion when a flashback suddenly popped in my head.

I just remembered mom and dad telling me that I could work in New York City with Aunt Blaire, who owns a famous cafeteria in New York. Mom told me that there are more possibilities for me to have a job there for my course I chose back in college.

"Me? New York? I don't want to leave you girls here in Chicago?!" I exclaimed.

Nat rolled her eyes. "Cora and I we'll be fine. Just don't mind us."

Cora nodded. "Nat's right. Don't mind us. What's more important is that you forget about that Luis jerk."

I frowned. "Are you sure?"

"Of course!"

"Ooohhh, I'm gonna miss you girls," I said.

They flashed me a sad smile. "We'll miss you too," Nat said.

Cora hugged me. "Yeah. Best friends forever, remember?"

I nodded. "Best friends forever."

My two besties gave me a group hug and I sighed, the thought of Luis coming back in my mind.

I have to forget about you, Luis Peter Carson. Or else, I'd only be more heartbroken if I ever see you again in the streets of Chicago.

***

A/N: Just want to let you know that I have more books. Go to my profile and browse through my works. There not finished yet, but I'll try to complete them soon.