The happy ending

Some of the best moments in life are the moments we don't expect. Regina never expected to hold Emma's hand or zip her into a fancy dress. And Emma certainly didn't know that she would fall in love with someone she once despised. Their friendship and their relationship was anything but a fairytale. Yet, it just sort of happened, like everything in life. Except this was worst part.

Waiting outside of the Charming's apartment, knocking on their door, palms sweating. Neither woman was sure of they were doing and it felt like an eternity before they walked through the doorway. Emma was so sure her mother wouldn't approve. She would tell her all the bullshit about good and evil. About Regina and how she couldn't be trusted. She would claim that Emma was "under her spell". But they had to tell her.

"Mom." Emma paused, trying to read her mother. "Mom, Regina and I-"

Mary Margaret stood and hugged her daughter with a wide smile.

"I don't care, Emma."

"Really?" Emma whimpered.

"Yes. You can have your happy ending," Snow said, more to Regina than to Emma.

The mayor was overjoyed.

When Regina cried, she was miserable, but she wasn't this time. She hugged Emma and Snow and she cried tears of joy.

David stood and beamed at them all, because he knew a happy ending when he saw one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope that was satisfactory.
-spidershark