Chapter 5

Mal:

Sitting at a lunch table alone while everyone else is sitting with their friends shooting you pity looks can make a person feel very uncomfortable. I wanted to look at all of the people that were staring at me and be like "I swear I have friends!" Unfortunately, today was the day all of my friends were doing their separate things at lunch, so here I sit alone catching up on my homework. I considered going to the library for lunch, but everyone knows that the bookcases have more hook ups than books in there. After a while of sitting alone I noticed someone had walked up to the other side of my table. I didn't even bother looking up I knew it was just another person wanting to know if they could sit with me, so I wouldn't be alone.

"Look its fine, I am totally okay with sitting alone. In fact, I really wanna get my english assignment done, so I'd prefer to sit alone actually. It's nothing personal, I promise," I said continuing to work on my assignment.

"Hey Mal," I looked up to see Brady standing at the other side of the table. "Can I sit down?"

I didn't really want him to sit down, but if I made him leave people would see and start rumors. Why did I always have to be put in awkward positions.

"Do what you want," I said not even bother to look at him. I felt the table shift a little when he sat down. We sat there in silence for a few minutes and it was a peaceful silence. I glanced up a him for one second to see him staring at me. I rolled my eyes. "What do you want Brady?"

"I just wanna talk," He said sounding pretty desperate.

"Yeah well you had all summer to talk, and you never called, texted, or tried. So I think the chance for you to talk is over," I said before grabbing my books and getting up from the table. Right before I walked off he grabbed my wrist.

"Mal, I really am sorry, please believe me," He sounded like he meant it, but could I really trust him? I sighed in defeat and tears started to well up in my eyes.

"I wanna believe you, but after everything that happened I just don't think I can. Brady, I really—," I wanted to say that I missed him, but I couldn't let myself, not after what he did. I took a deep breathe and finished. "I really should go, I'm sorry."

I grabbed my books and walked out of the lunch room. I wanted to forgive him and I wanted him back, I did, but he hurt me a lot. I loved Brady when we were dating, and I still do, so what was stopping me? I knew I needed to talk to one of my friends. I made my way toward the student council room, and knocked on the door. The door flew open and I walked into the room. All of the student council was sitting around the table talking and stopped as soon as I came in the room. I looked over to Jewels who was standing by a white board.

"Hey Mal, what's up?" she asked acting like it was no big deal I interrupted her meeting. I think the rest of the council cared considering they were all staring at me like a shark stares at bait.

"Can I talk to you? It's an emergency," I pleaded. She looked nervous for a moment.

"Um, sure! Nina will you take over the meeting please," She said before motioning me to follow her out of the room. Once we were outside and down the hall a little she finally talked to me. "Thank God, you rescued me! No one was agreeing with anyone and Nina kept acting like she was the president, and I figured if I didn't get out of there soon I would explode!"

"Yeah I could tell that everyone was annoyed from the tense energy and the looks they all gave me when I walked in the room," I told her. She laughed.

"So, what's up?" She asked looking interested. I took a deep breathe before talking.

"Brady, tried to talk to me again," I explained. Her eyes widened and she looked shocked.